Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you feel sorry for Brian Cowen?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Do you feel sorry for Brian Cowen?

I note one or two posters said today words to the effect that some members here "hate" certain politicians as if it was personal or something. I don't believe this to be the case. In fact I feel sorry on a personal level for Brian Cowen. Even the most heartless axe to grind contributors would probrably agree with me that commentary on him in recent years from both outside and inside the country via the media must have been, more often then not, upsetting for him personally. Alot of it has been malicious, calculated and pretty heartless stuff all starting with the paintings a couple of years back. Alot of it has targeted the way he looks which I don't like either. He has been getting a rough time.

Do you feel for him on a personal level? Or is the media just showcasing the way the population really feel?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No !
    Einstein, disguised as Robin Hood,With his memories in a trunk
    Passed this way an hour ago,With his friend, a jealous monk

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jay Leno referring to our brian as a "drunken moran" , the shame of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

er...NO

Politics.ie Member NewGoldDream's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Some comments are of course way over the top, the violence, the downright stupidity (who thinks "Clowen" is funny?) reflects more on the poster than their target.

But I don't feel any sympathy for him. After all, he got us into this mess, or at least contributed in some significant way. And he can always walk away at any time, the money he has made should cover a few nights out. He chooses, or rather fights, to stay in a job that pays vastly more money than you or I will ever see in our lifetime.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He brought it all on himself,no pity.

There is no need to feel sorry for the taoiseach he can handle the sort of commentary the OP mentioned. Instead of sympathy people could actually listen to what he says as opposed to how it is presented because if they did they would realise that he is the only leader of any political party in the state who has demonstrated an ability to lead a government that can correct a budget defecit.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

As a person, perhaps. As he is one of those responsible for driving the country's economy into the ground, no. But what can the Irish people do to the parasite? He's going to have a comfortable retirement with multiple pensions while Irish people die from the Winter cold because they can't pay their electrical, oil or gas bills.

Regards...jmcc

err.. No.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let me see. Son of a rural publican of FF stock. His life already planned out for him. Given better opportunities than most inherits daddy's seat as daddy did before him. No, it's not personal. I despise them all.

I'm sure Brian would have rather spent his life as a barfly solicitor, having the laugh with 'de boys'.

I think his actions and his parties were/are treasonus but i habour no ill will towards him as a man. I just want to see him tried in a court of law
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast