Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruairi Quinn to pair with Tanaiste on Wednesday to allow her to travel to the US

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ruairi Quinn to pair with Tanaiste on Wednesday to allow her to travel to the US

Ruairi Quinn has confirmed that following a phone call from the Tanaiste Mary Coughlan this evening he will be pairing with her on Wednesday to allow her to travel to the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruairi Quinn
    The Tanaiste, Mary Coughlan TD, telephoned me this evening and briefed me on her proposed visit to the United States which would result in her absence from the Dail on Wednesday when she was due to answer oral questions on education.

Having heard what the Tanaiste had to say and having spoken during the day to others who were involved in the planning of this trip I am satisfied that this is an important visit with significant job creation potential.

I subsequently discussed the matter with the Labour Party Leader, Eamon Gilmore TD and the Party Whip, Emmet Stagg, and we have agreed on this occasion to facilitate the Tanaiste with a pair for Wednesday and Thursday.

I want to emphasise that this is a one-off arrangement, based only on our belief that with more than 450,000 on the live register, no opportunity should be lost to attract investment from abroad in order to create jobs at home.

The Labour Party remains absolutely committed to earliest possible removal of Fianna Fail from office. This government is incapable of leading this country to economic recovery and the sooner they recognise this and call a general election the better for our people

I also want to reiterate that this controversy could have been avoided had the Tanaiste extended the normal courtesy of contacting the opposition Spokespersons on Education to explain in advance why should would not be present in the Dail to take questions on Wednesday.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mods.Can this not be merged with other thread which covers this aspect of Quinn coming to rescue ?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Labour party can now get stuffed as far as I'm concerned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Short term thinking from Labour. Bad move. Takes the pressure off the Govt and makes a GE less likely. Are they reluctant to take power I wonder, maybe they'd like more time to get their candidates in the field?
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So Ruairí has got Mary off the hook.
    When the next Fás scandal breaks, will he regret this?
    “A man who will misuse an apostrophe is capable of anything” (Con Houlihan)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who says they won't go into government with Fianna Fail, poor days work for Labour

Quinn sticking it to Little Man Enda

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Ruairi Quinn
    The Tanaiste, Mary Coughlan TD, telephoned me this evening and briefed me on her proposed visit to the United States which would result in her absence from the Dail on Wednesday when she was due to answer oral questions on education.
    I guess this is lost now? Specifically, questions on FÁS.
    ‘The Great only appear great because we are on our knees: Let Us Rise!’ “ (James Larkin)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let's hear SFWP Gilmore defend it.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They've managed to move themselves closer to FF. How can anyone possibly think letting that doll out of the country in any official capacity is a good idea. Her ability to 'solve' any of the issues is a bit like me saying I'll run a 3 minute mile, optimistic but completely unachievable.

Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast