Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Of Time and the City

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Of Time and the City

Watching Terence Davies 'Of Time and the City' on BBC4 just now. A beautiful, elegaic tribute to Liverpool in all its glory and decay, a mixture of his words, poetry, beautiful music and wonderful archive footage, including some incredibly evocative and poignant film from the 1970s which reminded me sometimes of Cork in those days.

I don't know if it's going to be on BBC iPlayer, but even if not, try to find a source and watch it.

Of Time and the City

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Missed most of it but what I saw did indeed look powerful.

(BTW - Just had a look and it's reduced from twenty quid to 7.99 on amazon. Hmmm...)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsui2 View Post
    Missed most of it but what I saw did indeed look powerful.

(BTW - Just had a look and it's reduced from twenty quid to 7.99 on amazon. Hmmm...)
    Worth buying.

I thought it was a new film, but it's actually about 2 years old.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sondagefaux View Post
    Watching Terence Davies 'Of Time and the City' on BBC4 just now. A beautiful, elegaic tribute to Liverpool in all its glory and decay, a mixture of his words, poetry, beautiful music and wonderful archive footage, including some incredibly evocative and poignant film from the 1970s which reminded me sometimes of Cork in those days.

I don't know if it's going to be on BBC iPlayer, but even if not, try to find a source and watch it.

Of Time and the City
    Missed it though saw the earlier programme in the 'up north' series which looked at jobs in the textile industry which was very interesting and evocative.

Even if it's on the iplayer, I can't access that. If you know how to do it with an irish ip will you let me know? Ta!