Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dick Roche States Ireland would have gone down tubes without blanket guarantee

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Dick Roche States Ireland would have gone down tubes without blanket guarantee

On The Week in Politics tonight Dick Roche delared as a matter of fact, that Ireland would have gone down the tubes without the blanket guarantee.

Does anybody agree? Or does anybody think that the blanket guarantee has caused Ireland to decend down the tubes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who is he?
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by He3 View Post
    Who is he?
    He is a FF resident fool. But seemingly he used to be very important, especially when we were told to vote yes or die, to Lisbon.

Quote Originally Posted by MPB View Post
    He is a FF resident fool. But seemingly he used to be very important, especially when we were told to vote yes or die, to Lisbon.
    ah yes. i remember that campaign. Lisbon was supposed to give us all jobs.

Nice to see how that ones worked out.

Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As usual, the opposite of what the FF mouthpiece says is true..i.e it is the guarantee which is sucking us inexorably down the pan

Politics.ie Member Squire Allworthy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flavirostris View Post
    As usual, the opposite of what the FF mouthpiece says is true..i.e it is the guarantee which is sucking us inexorably down the pan

I also believe and believed that it was a major mistake and an inexplicable decision. I thought that it was obviously a bluff and a dangerous one if called.

A more limited guarantee may have been more appropriate, but we will never know now how alternatives would have worked. We will however know the cost of this decision.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flavirostris View Post
    According to Dick, it has saved us and is the only reason we still exist as a sovereign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OH FU*K OFF DICK...you don't know how much the banks are gonna cost us...so how can you tell us what woulda/mighta/coulda happened???

Yeah right!!
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MPB View Post
    According to Dick, it has saved us and is the only reason we still exist as a sovereign.
    We only exist as a sovereign on the basis that Lenny has to get approval from Europe for any decisions.

i.e. no sovereignty at all.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dresden8 View Post
    We only exist as a sovereign on the basis that Lenny has to get approval from Europe for any decisions.

i.e. no sovereignty at all.
    FF, say its different. Dick says that the guarantee saved us, he said it was a matter of fact.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast