Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Highly critical analysis of Sean Kelly in yesterdays Irish Times.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Highly critical analysis of Sean Kelly in yesterdays Irish Times.

Kelly didn't open up Croke Park on his own - The Irish Times - Sat, Sep 25, 2010Do'nt know if this article by Keith Duggan has a thread but it's about Sean Kelly and his role and motives in the removal of rule 42.It makes interesting reading about the man whose claim to fame is the opening up of Croke park and his motives for doing so.I've included the link and let readers draw their own conclusions.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chief joseph View Post
    Kelly didn't open up Croke Park on his own - The Irish Times - Sat, Sep 25, 2010Do'nt know if this article by Keith Duggan has a thread but it's about Sean Kelly and his role and motives in the removal of rule 42.It makes interesting reading about the man whose claim to fame is the opening up of Croke park and his motives for doing so.I've included the link and let readers draw their own conclusions.
    Where is that Article Highly Critical of Sean Kelly?

Please highight it for me - I'm half thinking Sean Kelly wrote it himself its so positive

Seán Kelly will present a serious challenge to the other gentlemen of bearded splendour who are being tipped as front runners.
    He is organised and efficient, formidably energetic and not only has he proven his ability to win votes in the European elections, he has the masterful knowledge of the latticework of local connections that make up the GAA in this country: there is no more powerful lobby group
    In relation to Rule 42 he had to go home to Kerry and in his absense it was not passed. Something he worked hard in passing next time round.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The opening of Croke Park revolved around the symbolism of the Ireland v England rugby match in 2007, which was a contrived and mixed-up occasion of misplaced patriotism, a so-called “wonderful and unforgettable day” that has already been forgotten.
    Total ar5e being spouted there. That occasion will never be forgotten.

The article was strange in places. The opening of Croker benefitted all parties did it not? He doesn't seem to understand the implications of Ireland playing their home soccer and rugby games abroad.
    We need to radically change every system that has enabled the wholesale destruction of the Irish landscape, rural and urban. There is no time for incremental step by step measures. The systems have failed utterly and the only hope for a real recovery requires the rule book to be torn up completely.

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alonso View Post
    Total ar5e being spouted there. That occasion will never be forgotten.

The article was strange in places. The opening of Croker benefitted all parties did it not? He doesn't seem to understand the implications of Ireland playing their home soccer and rugby games abroad.
    Actually I wouldn't think a huge amount about it.. John Hayes cried, we scored a good try near the end of the game.. otherwise.. pfftt.. seriously

I remember more being ticked off by letting the French score a late try in the first game there to beat us
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Its pretty well known down these parts that Kelly had one eye on national politics during his time as President of the GAA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That occasion will never be forgotten.
    It will always be remembered for this guy.