Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Week in Politics back tonight

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Week in Politics back tonight

Could be an interesting one.

The politicians have been busy over their extended summer holiday.

We have had Dempsey doing a good JOD impression with the jet, Cowen trying to honour the late Alex Higgins (RIP) with a few good sessions, FF Senior Ministers fibbing about hoarse throats and sinuses and tiredness.

Not to mention Grealish and Mattie saying "save money by all means but not in my back yard", and Lenihan beating his improving economy drum, while the figures and the bond markets, and especially the ever increasing unemployed, suggest otherwise.
    We have turned the corner.I commend this Budget to the House. Brian Lenihan, 9 December 2009

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Forgive my ignorance, but how many TDs would need to pull away from the Fianna Fail fold for an election to be imminent?

Politics.ie Member FutureTaoiseach's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There is a God. BTW European Parliament Report back too at 0.50. Very important given where 80% of our legislation comes from.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't forget Simon Coveney single handedly brought about an all time low in Irish Politics...

Lower then anything that went on before us.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Brilliant, pity 'week in politics' is on so late... i will stay up to see it anyway......
    I think political tv programmes should be on earlier in the evening as younger people may become more engaged and have an input/interest in the political system...and make good choices when they get to the ballot box...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Glad to see TWIP back...but means the summer is officially over now...
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Quote Originally Posted by Eire Nua View Post
    Brilliant, pity 'week in politics' is on so late... i will stay up to see it anyway......
    I think political tv programmes should be on earlier in the evening as younger people may become more engaged and have an input/interest in the political system...and make good choices when they get to the ballot box...
    Dear oh dear the young people of today. Back when I was that age we weren't staying in watching political programs, we were out drinking and taking drugs and having lots of sex....
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra Syndrome View Post
    Dear oh dear the young people of today. Back when I was that age we weren't staying in watching political programs, we were out drinking and taking drugs and having lots of sex....
    On your own?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Feck, is that Lab councillor shaving yet?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Biffo View Post
    Feck, is that Lab councillor shaving yet?
    lol...the FG lad is for sure!!!

(we must be getting old(er) Baron when we focus on stuff like this!!!)
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast