Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FF Crimebusters. Balaclava clad criminal pamphlet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default FF Crimebusters. Balaclava clad criminal pamphlet.

An interesting pamphlet dropped in my letterbox yesterday afternoon. On the front it had a picture of a balaclava clad criminal and on the back it had a picture of a FF TD. It was a pamphlet from FF basically congratulating themselves for fighting crime, they listed 'gangland' crime, knife crime, headshops, etc. Oddly enough I did not see white collar crime mentioned anywhere on the pamphlet. Did anyone else get one of these pamphlets?.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredger View Post
    An interesting pamphlet dropped in my letterbox yesterday afternoon. On the front it had a picture of a balaclava clad criminal and on the back it had a picture of a FF TD. It was a pamphlet from FF basically congratulating themselves for fighting crime, they listed 'gangland' crime, knife crime, headshops, etc. Oddly enough I did not see white collar crime mentioned anywhere on the pamphlet. Did anyone else get one of these pamphlets?.
    No. Can you post up a picture?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Headshops? There was nothing illegal about headshops and I heard they had brought down the numbers of people illegally buying drugs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

An interesting pamphlet dropped in my letterbox yesterday afternoon. On the front it had a picture of a balaclava clad criminal and on the back it had a picture of a FF TD.
    But how could you tell the difference?
    Founded in 2003, Politics.ie has one of the most engaged, respected and influential politics and current affairs communities.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

A wanted man on the front and an unwanted man/woman on the back and both should be in jail.

A strange pamphlet indeed.

Ex-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's really funny Dredger. They get worse, don't they, all the rogues, politicians and gang bangers alike.

Tell you what nearly gave me a heart attack at 10.40pm on Thursday night. A newspaper dropping through my door from a political party. Nearly collapsed from the fright, me living on my own you understand, and not able at this time to defend myself.

Thinking about it I have to give the people who dropped it cudos for dedication to the cause. But Jaysus lads, a bit of sensibility in future?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Any chance you could get a scan of it and upload it here, have done an image search but no luck finding it, would love to see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I threw it in the fire after I read it. I am in Co Limerick, Niall Collins was the FF TD on the back of the pamphlet.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    That's really funny Dredger. They get worse, don't they, all the rogues, politicians and gang bangers alike.

Tell you what nearly gave me a heart attack at 10.40pm on Thursday night. A newspaper dropping through my door from a political party. Nearly collapsed from the fright, me living on my own you understand, and not able at this time to defend myself.

Thinking about it I have to give the people who dropped it cudos for dedication to the cause. But Jaysus lads, a bit of sensibility in future?

I remember a few years ago a guy knocked at my front door at 10.45pm. I looked out from an upstairs window and asked what he wanted. He wanted me to sign a petition objecting to a proposal to establish a juvenile care home about half a mile from where I live. After telling him I had no objection to it , I then laid into him about knocking at doors so late at night. He seemed genuinely surprised and agreed to call it a night. AFAIK , the centre went ahead without any bother since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

An interesting pamphlet dropped in my letterbox yesterday afternoon. On the front it had a picture of a balaclava clad criminal and on the back it had a picture of a FF TD. It was a pamphlet from FF basically congratulating themselves for fighting crime, they listed 'gangland' crime, knife crime, headshops, etc.

Oddly enough I did not see white collar crime mentioned anywhere on the pamphlet.

A tricky one for Niall! If he had referred to white collar crime then he might have embarrassed his tax- evading Uncle Michael - although those FF Collinses from Limerick seem to have pretty thick necks.
    Founded in 2003, Politics.ie has one of the most engaged, respected and influential politics and current affairs communities.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast