Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Paul Gascgoine on Saturday night show.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Paul Gascgoine on Saturday night show.

Just saw trailer for this. Are there no depths to which RTE will go ? This guy is recognised as being seriously unstable for a long time as shown during the Moate incident . You would hope that things will work out for him , but being wheeled out by Brendan O'Connor smacks of both desperation and exploitation. Pathetic.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cricket View Post
    Just saw trailer for this. Are there no depths to which RTE will go ? This guy is recognised as being seriously unstable for a long time as shown during the Moate incident . You would hope that things will work out for him , but being wheeled out by Brendan O'Connor smacks of both desperation and exploitation. Pathetic.
    Obviously not! I note O'Connor 'hopes' to be joined by Gazza, he donesn't sound too sure.....

Expect lots of incoherent rambling...and Gazza might get to say something too...

Politics.ie Member merle haggard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i actually thought you meant OConnor for a minute . Frankly the fact Gascoigne is on it is the least of its faults . Yet again this talentless and tasteless oaf is given the oxygen of publicity and large sums of money he desperately craves . Indo , centra ads , late late , Gondolas , talent shows ( wtf ?) and now his own show . With incessant advertising for that which sometimes airs just moments after the centra ads . Like Chlamydia, Chrystal Meth and hoodies hes speading everywhere and become an increasingly unpleasant and inescapable facet of modern living .
    Yet another reason why Cathal Goan should be forced to step down

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by merle haggard View Post
    i actually thought you meant OConnor for a minute . Frankly the fact Gascoigne is on it is the least of its faults . Yet again this talentless and tasteless oaf is given the oxygen of publicity and large sums of money he desperately craves . Indo , centra ads , late late , Gondolas , talent shows ( wtf ?) and now his own show . With incessant advertising for that which sometimes airs just moments after the centra ads . Like Chlamydia, Chrystal Meth and hoodies hes speading everywhere and become an increasingly unpleasant and inescapable facet of modern living .
    Yet another reason why Cathal Goan should be forced to step down
    I accept that O'Connor can be annoying at time. I still think he's got talent though. And the piece he wrote in the Sindo 2 weeks ago about his daughter Mary (born 4 weeks ago with Down Syndrome) was the most moving article I've read in ages.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I don't see the problem with having Gazza on. They interview Brian Cowen don't they?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That interview needed subtitles......

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
    That interview needed subtitles......
    yes, poor Gascoigne was very indistinct.

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

his treatment of the woman picked for the competition was disgusting quite frankly. No one should be expected to put up with such peurile leering and innuendo on national television.. he's like the bold boy in school who wants people to say "diddies" so he can giggle at them
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

being wheeled out by Brendan O'Connor smacks of both desperation and exploitation. Pathetic.
    Good point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast