Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Govt: Irish Terror Threat "Substantial"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default UK Govt: Irish Terror Threat "Substantial"

The threat level to Great Britain from Irish-related terrorism has been raised from moderate to substantial.

Home Secretary Theresa May said it meant an attack was a "strong possibility
    Bad news for the UK. It's a pity as the Gardai and PSNI have been made a number of arrests, and the brother of the head of the Real IRA on trial in Lithuania.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member Cabbage/Turnip's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i just seen this as it broke.. obviously there is still informers within the groups but even at that oglaigh na heireann must be very capable if the threat is getting across the water

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Bad news for the UK. It's a pity as the Gardai and PSNI have been made a number of arrests, and the brother of the head of the Real IRA on trial in Lithuania.
    I'd imagine this has a lot more to do with jockeying for position ahead of billions being slashed off budgets rather than any real threat.
    We are all born mad. Some remain so.

Politics.ie Member Cabbage/Turnip's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Estragon View Post
    I'd imagine this has a lot more to do with jockeying for position ahead of billions being slashed off budgets rather than any real threat.
    Really... in what way will the threat from a few paddies have anything to do with health and police cuts? they are asking for 25% cuts in govermental departments no matter how big a threat that will be noticed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Estragon View Post
    +1

The disso campaign in the North has been an abject failure. MI5 is one, probably two steps ahead. If bombs go off in England it'll be because MI5 lets bombs go off in England.
    The Empire's Over - Why Don't You Go Home?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don’t think it will ever reach the level of the Provisionals.

These clowns may blow up a couple of fences or trees, but that will be about it.

Politics.ie Member Destiny's Soldier's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is a sinister joke being played on Ireland. Having flogged to death the Muslim fantasy terrorist for long enough, que the mad Paddy again.

This is a sick farce.

The REAL IRA ARE an MI5 creation.

If there IS a terrorist attack in the UK, it will be MI5 run, just like the 7/7 bombings.
    How many lies do we have to put up with before people wise up to these ******************************s.
    Cowardice asks the question - is it safe? Expediency asks the question - is it politic?
    Vanity asks the question - is it popular? But Conscience asks the question - is it right?
    And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular;but one must take it simply because it is right. -MLK

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Didn't take the Conservatives long to re-establish their anti-Irishness did it?

No doubt it will be used as an excuse for the Met scumbags and their ilk to engage once more in the intense hibernophobia of the recent past1

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Right. Good of them to get the Lithuanians in on it too right?
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast