Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Time the Green Party called for an election!

Politics.ie Member Squire Allworthy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Time the Green Party called for an election!

It is time for the junior partner in this government to realise that the country needs an election. It needs to withdraw its support from the government.

There is a strong probability that the yields in the secondary market on 10 year bonds will soon exceed 7% . The cost to insure Ireland’s sovereign bonds against default has soared. The economic background is deteriorating and there is little reason to believe that this administration will be able to effectively address concerns.

The financial crisis facing the country calls for a government with a mandate to take the firm and decisive action needed.

It is time for the junior partner to acknowledge that its responsibility to the country is greater than its responsibility to the government. It is time to call for an election.

Politics.ie Member Marcos the black's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That time has long since passed. They're tied to the fate of FF now, and can only hope to put off meltdown for as long as possible.... This unfortunately will have the impact of allowing the economy to further derail under these muppets..But as long as they're getting paid, all is good!!
    You'll never go broke appealing to the lowest common denominator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos the black View Post
    That time has long since passed. They're tied to the fate of FF now, and can only hope to put off meltdown for as long as possible.... This unfortunately will have the impact of allowing the economy to further derail under these muppets..But as long as they're getting paid, all is good!!

I agree they should have moved long ago, but given the current situation, surely in the interests of the country they they need to bring an end to this government.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As the other posters have said, it's to late now.
    The Greens will be screwed come the next GE, so they'll just hang in there as long as possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I for one don't believe in the green agenda one iota.
    I don't believe in carbon footprints or global warming / cooling / cliamte change / whatever.
    i find their participation in this government to be reprehensible.

if they pull out of this sham government this week -

i will vote for them and start recycling and using public transport.

hell i'll even walk door to door with them and campaign my heart out for them
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeputyEdo View Post
    As the other posters have said, it's to late now.
    The Greens will be screwed come the next GE, so they'll just hang in there as long as possible.

It is no longer about the good of the Green Party but about the good of the country,

Would it be possible for them to enact one final selfless act? Could they for one brief moment place their self interest aside and act as a party of principle?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Allworthy View Post
    It is no longer about the good of the Green Party but about the good of the country,

Would it be possible for them to enact one final selfless act? Could they for one brief moment place their self interest aside and act as a party of principle?
    Short answer: No
    Quoting other posters posts is not allowed apparently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagus View Post
    I for one don't believe in the green agenda one iota.
    I don't believe in carbon footprints or global warming / cooling / cliamte change / whatever.
    i find their participation in this government to be reprehensible.

if they pull out of this sham government this week -

i will vote for them and start recycling and using public transport.

hell i'll even walk door to door with them and campaign my heart out for them

Essentially the Greens are benign, with some daft ideas, but right now they could do the country a real service and end this government NOW!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why would the Green Party call an election? Mary White, John Gormley and Ciaran Cuffe and Paul Gogarty are pretty certain to lose their seats. Sargent may well not maintain his. Eamon Ryan is likely to be the only Green in the next Dáil. They owuld be signing their own death warrants... so they'll stay on to milk whatever perks are available to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnfás View Post
    Why would the Green Party call an election? Mary White, John Gormley and Ciaran Cuffe and Paul Gogarty are pretty certain to lose their seats. Sargent may well not maintain his. Eamon Ryan is likely to be the only Green in the next Dáil. They owuld be signing their own death warrants... so they'll stay on to milk whatever perks are available to them.

For the good of the country Johnfás, or is that an alien concept in Ireland?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast