Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woman Who Stabbed Her Husband to Death While In A Rage Gets Four Years Jail

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Woman Who Stabbed Her Husband to Death While In A Rage Gets Four Years Jail

BBC News - Four years jail for 'raging wife' who killed husband

No provocation. No remorse. Just rage. Four years in jail.

Is this a license for women to commit murder?
    The Empire's Over - Why Don't You Go Home?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

After handing down the minimum life term, the judge warned Shaw that even when she has served the four years, it would be up to the Life Review Commissioners and the Secretary of State "when, or even if," she should be released and under what licence terms.

"You could be in prison for a period very considerably in excess of four years," he said.
    You may be overselling it a bit Pic. I'll happily place a wager on you that she's not walking free in Sep 2014. But yeah, the minimum attachment is rubbish. Give her 20 to life, give her some time to reflect on her actions.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sync, it was a life sentence!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Seems you had a lucky escape!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There was talk a while back of trying to ban long, pointed kitchen knives as they are often used in such stabbings. The acts are usually impulsive and a kitchen knife is a pretty handy weapon.

BBC NEWS | Health | Doctors' kitchen knives ban call

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by councilkid View Post
    There was talk a while back of trying to ban long, pointed kitchen knives as they are often used in such stabbings. The acts are usually impulsive and a kitchen knife is a pretty handy weapon.

BBC NEWS | Health | Doctors' kitchen knives ban call
    I think for the fact majority of purposes a blunt knife with a sharp edge would serve the purpose. Not sure if the tapered point on many kitchen utensils is entirely essential.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm cutting out that section from the Indo before I head home this evening.........the little wifey has been unusually p*ssed off with me lately for mimicking Biffo's partying habits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by picador View Post
    BBC News - Four years jail for 'raging wife' who killed husband

No provocation. No remorse. Just rage. Four years in jail.

Is this a license for women to commit murder?
    Now Pic, thats a gross generalisation. They have a tarrif system in England and Wales whereby the sentencing Judge imposes a life sentence followed by a minimum tariff, ie the least sentence which must be served. That does not mean, and usually does not mean, that they are released after the minimum period is served. It simply means that they are then amenable to release after consideration by the British version of the parole board. NOT that they are automatically entitled to be released.
    "......... we must sometimes listen to those who, consumed with zeal, have scant judgment or balance. To such ones the modern world is nothing but betrayal and ruin.........We feel bound to disagree with these prophets of doom who are forever forecasting calamity -- as though the world's end were imminent."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think I went to school with her, did she go to Firhouse CC? I know the story is a year old but it's the first I've seen of it!
    Is she still on remand awaiting trial?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast