Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Anglo employee kills himself

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Anglo employee kills himself

Sorry f there is a thread but i thought this was relevant in light of Sean FitzPatrick's laughing all the way to court stories.

Anglo employee abused by customers takes his own life

AN EMPLOYEE at Anglo Irish Bank who was regularly abused by angry members of the public at the height of the banking crisis has taken his own life.

Stephen Doyle (32) was a supervisor at the bank's flagship St Stephen's Green branch where his job involved listening to customers' complaints about the behaviour of former chairman Seán FitzPatrick and other Anglo executives which led to the €30bn bailout by the taxpayer.

Mr Doyle suffered severe emotional trauma because of the behaviour of many members of the public who took out their anger at Anglo on him and other junior staff, according to Anglo sources.

On a daily basis customers and shareholders would come into the bank shouting and demanding to see FitzPatrick.
    RIP.

I hope people remember to channel their anger directly at the people who caused it and not the little guys in the way.

I hope Sean is laughing all the way to the cemetary to pay his respects.
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He's probably busy ensuring those that sneer at him in his golf club are being barred. Will have a 9 round during the funeral no doubt.

RIP.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by edor View Post
    He's probably busy ensuring those that sneer at him in his golf club are being barred. Will have a 9 round during the funeral no doubt.

RIP.
    Will he golf before or after the champagne reception?
    We have turned the corner.I commend this Budget to the House. Brian Lenihan, 9 December 2009

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DCon View Post
    Will he golf before or after the champagne reception?
    No doubt he'll send a wreath and that will clear his conscience.

Or maybe he'll steal a wreath off another grave and use that.
    that will clear his conscience and ****************************** someone else over so win win.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rip

Politics.ie Member Victor Meldrew's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for posting this. Our thoughts are with his wife and two 9 month old girls.

Lets keep it respectful here and not forget who led so many ordinary men to take their lives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldira1 View Post
    I dont buy this story. My guess is there was far more going wrong in this man's life than simply being shouted at. FFS a Junior B footballer will get more abuse from his manager during Anglo was not a retail bank so why on earth would members of the public be in complaining? Depositors would have little to complain about and 'the man in the street' was hardly allowed.

I am no defender of Seanie but making a whoo haa over the fact the man smiles is purient nonsense.
    Mental health is dependent on two factors, biological predisposition and stress.
    His collegues say he "snapped" with the pressure.

My own sister works in a bank and told me that she spent at least 1 conversation every day outside of work was dedicated to the banking crises. Collegues had been harrased in pubs by customers.

She worked for BOI.

I can imagine that the stress that Stephen was under was much bigger and probably interacted with his predisposition and other stresses in his life.

Sean FitzPatrick smiling on the way to court is an affront to society and this decent fellow who took the brunt of a lot of abuse and anger aimed at him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I also think there is more to the poor man's troubles than being shouted at by members of the public. Anglo's attempt to "spin" this story for the own benefit is sickening.

However, it is a reminder to people to channel their anger and not take it out on the "little guy" who is put in the firing line by the fat cats.

I extend my sympathies to the wife and children of the deceased.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vega1447 View Post

A sleazy piece from a sleazy paper.
    Very, on both counts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Meldrew View Post
    Thanks for posting this. Our thoughts are with his wife and two 9 month old girls.

Lets keep it respectful here and not forget who led so many ordinary men to take their lives.
    + 1. Suicide is a ravage of the Irish people at the moment and an internet forum is not the place to discuss an individual case.

RIP and condolenses to his family.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast