Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Virginia's female execution to go ahead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Virginia's female execution to go ahead.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Is the execution of a women in some way worse than the execution of a man?
    “I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty, than those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson (yeah, I'm aware of the irony)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

No problem, I'll fix it for you. Do not let it happen again.

It's a country with a death penalty. What she did certainly falls under the criteria for that penalty. The lesson to be learned is don't pay assassins to murder your family in a country with the death penalty.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Teresa Lewis, 41, was sentenced to death for providing sex and money to two men to kill her husband and stepson in October 2002 so she could collect on a $250,000 dollar (€187,000) insurance pay out.
    I don't agree with the death penalty in principle.
    But, if it exists, it should be applied to the sexes equally. What's the objection?
    Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives.
    John Stuart Mill

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joopface View Post
    I don't agree with the death penalty in principle.
    But, if it exists, it should be applied to the sexes equally. What's the objection?
    I feel the same way.

Annoys me that our penal system gives lighter sentences to females.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

America is well able to kill around the world when it suits, No wonder that they do it at home,

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The OP is correct.
    Can you imagine Fox News and the rest of the world's media if this was a woman in Iran?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes there should be no gender divide, if execution is on the books.

But "Ah me dinner jacket" in Iran is having a big hissy fit over the fact that the stoning to death of a woman in Iran is condemned around the world, while this lady's imminent execution is not getting the same global condemnation.

But then again her death will probably be by lethal injection. So it is OK in the US.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    No problem, I'll fix it for you. Do not let it happen again.

It's a country with a death penalty. What she did certainly falls under the criteria for that penalty.
    Sync, you deliberately changed my thread title to lessen it's affect. You must have understood the point I was making, or else you were being deliberately thick.

For those who don't know my original thread title was "Iran female execution to go ahead".

Sync's explanation that "It's a country with a death penalty. What she did certainly falls under the criteria for that penalty" somewhat proves the point.

Iran also has death penalties. Women who we feel were unjustly sentenced to death had also fallen foul of Sync's rule of "It's a country with a death penalty. What she did certainly falls under the criteria for that penalty"

The difference here obviously is what Sync feels "certainly falls under the criteria for that penalty."

Or else Sync obviously feels that women who commit adultery in Iran deserve the death penalty because

"It's a country with a death penalty. What she did certainly falls under the criteria for that penalty"

It's the only reasonable explanation for his decision.

Politics.ie Member FutureTaoiseach's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

While opposed to the death-penalty (except for genocide) this is a matter of gender-equality and as such she should be treated as a man in her situation would be.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast