Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mc Williams – Lenihan’s Scorched Earth Economics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Mc Williams – Lenihan’s Scorched Earth Economics

Saw corrupt little bertie last night, I'm surprised he didn't call for McWilliam's suicide again since he was feeling "devious".

David McWilliams: High bond rates will leave us an economic wasteland - David McWilliams, Columnists - Independent.ie

The bond market is betting that the Irish authorities, in cahoots with their friends in the ECB, are happy to preside over a Carthaginian peace. Any economic destruction will be deemed necessary so long as Ireland remains a pliant little European borrower.

THE Pyrrhic victory is one where the costs to the victor are enormous. When you pay 4pc more for money than your neighbour, borrowing is hardly a victory.
    "WAKE UP! THE RICH ARE RAPING YOU!"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cozzy121 View Post
    Saw corrupt little bertie last night, I'm surprised he didn't call for McWilliam's suicide again since he was feeling "devious".

David McWilliams: High bond rates will leave us an economic wasteland - David McWilliams, Columnists - Independent.ie
    Now that the taxpayers are no longer paying for Bertie's makeup/cover-up, he should restrict his inane and idiotic interviews to radio. The big red nose on him would light up a city - God forbid anyone would ever stick a pin in his nose, he'd bleed to death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Another good article from the Floppy Haired One. He has described our predicament down to a tee.

'Carthaginian peace', there's a phrase I have not heard in years. Takes me back to my schooldays in the 90s.

We need a Hannibal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biffomania View Post
    Now that the taxpayers are no longer paying for Bertie's makeup/cover-up, he should restrict his inane and idiotic interviews to radio. The big red nose on him would light up a city - God forbid anyone would ever stick a pin in his nose, he'd bleed to death.
    Amazing how the girlfriends make-up business wasn't able to survive the downturn, or the lack of bertie's €100k+ a year make-up expenses bill.
    "WAKE UP! THE RICH ARE RAPING YOU!"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Partizan View Post
    Another good article from the Floppy Haired One. He has described our predicament down to a tee.

'Carthaginian peace', there's a phrase I have not heard in years. Takes me back to my schooldays in the 90s.

We need a Hannibal.
    But have a Lecter.

Politics.ie Member Squire Allworthy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Partizan View Post

We need a Hannibal.

Ireland has a few cards that it could play that would cause considerable problems and consternation elsewhere. Unfortunately it is acting like a compliant vassal state.

Its weakness is its size and the limited adverse impact it can cause. The old adage applies, if you owe me 1 Euro it is your problem, but if you owe me 100 billion the problem is mine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Allworthy View Post
    Ireland has a few cards that it could play that would cause considerable problems and consternation elsewhere. Unfortunately it is acting like a compliant vassal state.

Its weakness is its size and the limited adverse impact it can cause. The old adage applies, if you owe me 1 Euro it is your problem, but if you owe me 100 billion the problem is mine.
    Fianna Fail breaks all the old adages

"if they owe those 1 Euro it is their problem, but if they owe those 100 billion then lets screw over the tax payer"

"late to bed, early to rise makes a man an effective leader with nasal congestion"

"if somethings worth doing, its worth being done by my friend, infact even if its not worth doing i want a state contract for my friend"

and presumably at the behest of the greens in the next budget we will see

"red sky at night tax, red sky in the morning levy"
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cozzy121 View Post
    Amazing how the girlfriends make-up business wasn't able to survive the downturn, or the lack of bertie's €100k+ a year make-up expenses bill.
    ex girlfirend - he's rutting the wife of a dead friend now.
    Said he'd "take care of her" for him.
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Politics.ie Member Squire Allworthy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Asparagus

The Greens seek to tax the very air we breath or at least components of it. Co2 trading has to be one of the biggest scams ever invented.

Foreign, for my mental as well as material well-being
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Asparagus View Post
    ex girlfirend - he's rutting the wife of a dead friend now.
    Said he'd "take care of her" for him.
    post reported.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast