Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: General elections now!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default General elections now!!!

Every day we see more that our government is incapable to deal with that biggest crisis in the history of our country.

Our future is being sold out to bankrupt banks without any benefit for the people of our country.

Whereas other countries like Iceland successfully withstood the cronyism between banks and government, our country is being driven into the most dangerous debt trap on the whole planet.

Ireland is borrowing money to record interest rates on the international market.

We have to immediately stop this government making tens of billions of €uro depts for busted banks meanwhile cutting in any of the other sectors.

This is becoming a bottomless downward spiral which will impact future generations.

No intention of this government to create or sustain jobs or any kind of stimulus for two years now.

We are seeing leaders who prove their incapability to get us out of the trouble almost every day.

One after the other scandal is overwhelming the media.

Politics.ie has become part of the mainstream media now and can no more be ignored.

The sooner this government is out of office the better for all of us.

It seems like any other alternative is better than the current leadership.

Show up on this thread. Show this government that we are no more willing to take that anymore. Post your comment.

Raise your voice.

DEMAND GENERAL ELECTIONS NOW !!!

<Mod> This thread has been merged with "Is Ireland still a democracy?" </Mod>

<Mod> This thread has been merged with "Its time for action - who is with me". </Mod>

<Mod> This thread has been merged with "Civil Disobedience : Is it time to issue the call." </Mod>

<Mod> This thread has been merged with "Get These Basta*ds out of Government Now!" </Mod>
    Last edited by stringjack; 19th November 2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Merged thread.
    P.ie has become a melting pot for fascists and outlandish trolls. Since I got punished for reporting the latter I'm no more posting on this forum. Who owns politics.ie?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tell the Irish People what the answer is, we need people like you,
    Tell us what difference a change of government will do,

A new government will either do the same until we get out of it.
    Or they do ????? do ???? do ???????????????????

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ranting about the need for a general election on the internet is not enough. The people need to get out onto the streets and protest constantly and forcefully until this government finally get's the message. Someone said on this forum a few weeks ago that two or three days of mass protests unto the dail like the ones they had in Greece a few months ago will be enough to oust this government. Surely it's worth a try!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bored and fussy View Post

I believe that a new government cannot be worse, only better.
    Read the progammes of Lab, FG, or the little parties.

I'm not calling for GE because I'm a Fís Nua member, I'm doing it because this government needs to be replaced.

If you think there is no alternative than be prepared for the worst.
    P.ie has become a melting pot for fascists and outlandish trolls. Since I got punished for reporting the latter I'm no more posting on this forum. Who owns politics.ie?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Ranting about the need for a general election on the internet is not enough. The people need to get out onto the streets and protest constantly and forcefully until this government finally get's the message. Someone said on this forum a few weeks ago that two or three days of mass protests unto the dail like the ones they had in Greece a few months ago will be enough to oust this government. Surely it's worth a try!!
    Every little helps, kenneth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Although it's tainted by the James 'been on the dole for 15 years' O'Toole and his SWP crowd, I think if people REALLY give a ************************, they should go to the right to work march coming up....

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bored and fussy View Post

Restore confidence in ourselves and our country this cannot be achieved while the present government are in power, Fianna Fail has been unable to provide a Toiseach to give leadership, Fianna Fail has provided this country with a series of Ministers, including the present one who have proven themselves not able for the job, Lenihan told us after the bank guarantee that lending would start up, it never did, employment is rising every day since, A change of government would inspire confidence, We have seen too many members of government having to leave office, As Miriam O Callaghan said to a minister on Prime Time, "Nobody believes you minister" this applies to all ministers including Mr Lenihan, he is telling us we have turned corners that things have stabilized, not true, Things have got worse, The very fact that the government is refusing to hold BY-Elections
    and has to be forced into court by Sinn Fein to explain themselves is doing major damage to the country. The electorate are entitled to make a judgment on this government now,

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

lets have the Budget first and then the opposition response to it and then call an election

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cogol View Post
    Although it's tainted by the James 'been on the dole for 15 years' O'Toole and his SWP crowd, I think if people REALLY give a ************************, they should go to the right to work march coming up....

Where and when Cogol?

MODS

Can't this just be appended to the other General Election NOW threads that come up every month.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast