Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Toyosi Shítta-bey killing: charges increased to murder

Politics.ie Member antiestablishmentarian's Avatar
    Popular People's Front of Judea (bolshevik-leninist)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Exclamation Toyosi Shítta-bey killing: charges increased to murder

Posters might remember that 2 brothers charged in connection with the death the 15 year old Toyosi ************************tabey, of Nigerian background, who was killed on the 2nd of April, had been in custody awaiting trial since their arrest around that time. Today, at a sitting of Blancharstown District Court, the charges against the 2 brothers were increased to Murder for Paul Barry (originally charged with Manslaughter) and the charge of Murder was added to the charge of Possesion of an Offensive weapon with which his brother, Michael Barry, had been originally charges.

It seems that the Gardaí must have unearthed some new evidence in the intervening period, and it will be interesting to see what comes out when this case is sent forward for trial.

Two charged with teen's murder - The Irish Times - Tue, Sep 21, 2010
    http://www.politicalworld.org/
    'Our goal is to conquer state power for the Irish working class' Pat Rabitte, 1987

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bloody swear filter..........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I remember the story well and some of the scummy comments generated by it.
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anti-e
    It seems that the Gardaí must have unearthed some new evidence in the intervening period, and it will be interesting to see what comes out when this case is sent forward for trial.
    It will be interesting alright, and thanks for the news. Every decent person will hope justice is done.
    We should all be careful how we comment on a matter that is now before the criminal courts.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No point starting a new thread; but just an update on the Toyosi Tyrrellstown stabbing case:
    Man accused of teenager's murder dies in hospital | BreakingNews.ie

and some history on one of the accused:
    Four charged with hatred in 'racist attack' on father, son - National News - Independent.ie

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Read that alright. Any idea of the cause of death? He was only 39 after all.
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can't find anything online as of yet, but as you point out he was only 39. The lack of medical reference (by that I mean heart failure, cancer etc) in the Breaking News piece, leads me to think he may have had a run in while in prison. Then again, it could be just plain old lack of detail available at the moment.