Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Barak Obama dissed at Town Hall

Politics.ie Member ” Donnchadha's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Barak Obama dissed at Town Hall

What is considered shocking, at one of the Presidents phony setup Town Hall meetings, someone went off script, and told it like it is.

CNBC: One Disappointed Supporter Speaks - Video Library - The New York Times

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Eh???? How so ted? Maybe your link is incorrect?
    "It is important therefore that I clarify to the House that in the first instance there are significant monies within Anglo-Irish to take the strain of loan losses arising over the next three or four years, before State support is engaged." Brian Lenihan 15/01/09

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

wow eloquent answer there.
    Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman Ö or a bad woman.
    ĖGeorge Burns

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    wow eloquent answer there.
    I must have missed something. Surely there's better anti-Obama stuff than that
    "It is important therefore that I clarify to the House that in the first instance there are significant monies within Anglo-Irish to take the strain of loan losses arising over the next three or four years, before State support is engaged." Brian Lenihan 15/01/09

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 'orebel View Post
    I must have missed something. Surely there's better anti-Obama stuff than that
    Well when you have an educated black middle class democrat basically saying, Please Mr. President. We voted for change and now we're eating mac and cheese and he waffles on about credit card, which she said she didn't have, it pretty much does all the work itself.

If she was a white republican she's be dismissed as a shill.
    Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman Ö or a bad woman.
    ĖGeorge Burns

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i was well impressed with obama there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    Well when you have an educated black middle class democrat basically saying, Please Mr. President. We voted for change and now we're eating mac and cheese and he waffles on about credit card, which she said she didn't have, it pretty much does all the work itself.

If she was a white republican she's be dismissed as a shill.

no what she was saying was we voted for change and she hasn't felt it yet.... what he basicly said was while its tough on all fronts there are policy's implemented that will help these families, and while you may not feel it immediately they are there and they will help

then he listed examples

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Show some respect. Regardless of whether you agree with his policies, he's the 'most powerful man in the world' (cliche but true) and clearly a man of extraordinary capacity. The lease you can do is spell his name correctly OP.
    The woman didn't 'diss' him either, she simply asked him a direct question, he came up with the answer.

Politics.ie Member ” Donnchadha's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I guess that not being from the US, you miss the nuance. This is his ultimate demographic, she hit on all cylinders; Black, Woman, Liberal, yet even she is disappointed in him.

The issue is, that Obama is loosing his demographic, he has allready lost the Independent vote, and of course the Republicans.

Politics.ie Member H.R. Haldeman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Dissed"? What the hell kind of description is that of the encounter? From what I can see it's a simple case of someone speaking truth to power. The lady also communicates like a grown up, which makes a novel change in American political discourse these days. But none of it is even in the ballpark of "dissing".

To see some actual dissing of POTUS, just consider what's been going on with his name recently.

First, why dosn't Sarah Palin show a little bit of common goddam respect and courtesy and stop calling him "Obama" all the time. That is simply not the done thing - at the very least the man is the head of state - and it again proves her tin ear and questionable values. Not much evidence of Ms. Palin's oft-touted small-town humility or old-fashioned manners, is there? Just contempt and vulgarity.

And second, the other group dissing Obama - in a neat symmetry with Ms. Palin - are those who insist on lengthening his name rather than shortening it: Barrack Hussein Obama. And I'll bet you'll never hear someone saying it without the middle name being spat out in an enunciated and elongation serpent's hiss: "Hooo-sssssayn". I don't know how they can even bring themselves to say it without instantly feeling dirty. It's bloody shameful.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast