Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia Today, Press TV more honest than Politics.ie

Politics.ie Member Destiny's Soldier's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Russia Today, Press TV more honest than Politics.ie

From today's Irish Indo.

Russian satellite channel has whiff of propaganda - Analysis, Opinion - Independent.ie

The September 11 attacks in New York were an inside job; the South Korean warship torpedoed in March was not sunk by North Korea, but probably by Japan or the US; and the world is run by the secretive Bilderberg Group, who pursue a 'New World Order'. Not the lonely ravings of a conspiracy-minded blogger, but all opinions aired recently on a satellite channel beamed into millions of American homes.
    Ms Simonyan, the channel's overall boss, only agreed to reply to written questions.

"RT's target viewer is a person capable of critical thinking, one who realises that one or two sources of information are not enough to get a full picture," she responded. "It is someone who wants to know the truth, rather than who passively accepts stereotypes."
    For the week leading to the 9th anniversary of the Sept 11th attacks, Press TV Channel ran a documentary called "Zero" which openly challenges the official account the world has been fed on 9/11. But no discussions allowed on Politics.ie of course.

As readers of Politics.ie would be already be aware, a popular thread called "Was 9/11 a Terrorist Attack?" was in existence for over 3 1/2 years until it was inexplicably deleted.
    No it hasn't been moved into Zoo or Off topic discussions. To borrow an infamous line from Iranian President Ahmadinejad, it has been "Wiped from the pages of History".

Why would I be surprised? Any comments I ever made on that thread were regularly described by the mod Cyberianpan as conspiracy theory fruitloopery -This coming from the same mod who recently posted a disgusting thread called "Religion is like a Penis".

So, the tenet of my argument is that the Moderators of Politics.ie are not interested in contributors capable of critical thinking, they are only interested in the opinions of people who passively accept stereotypes.
    Cowardice asks the question - is it safe? Expediency asks the question - is it politic?
    Vanity asks the question - is it popular? But Conscience asks the question - is it right?
    And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular;but one must take it simply because it is right. -MLK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why was that thread deleted? It shouldn't have been.

Incidentally, Press TV is a terrible channel and I'm surprised that the British authorities allow Sky to broadcast it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RT is a propaganda vehicle for the Kremlin and its employees.
    I've seen comical reports on it. Watch it for an hour to see how wonderful mother Russia is.

Now NHK World, that's proper interesting.
    But also an organ for saying how wonderful Japan is.

Your problem DS is that you dismiss everyone who doesn't believe conspiracy theories as sheep or mis-lead fools. You believe your ilk are the only ones 'capable of critical thinking'.
    Very hard to engage with that. So I'll leave you and your superior thoughts.
    Last edited by eyeSpy; 20th September 2010 at 04:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny's Soldier View Post
    So, the tenet of my argument is that the Moderators of Politics.ie are not interested in contributors capable of critical thinking, they are only interested in the opinions of people who passively accept stereotypes.
    I love contributors capable of critical thinking. Absolutely love them.
    Nothing will motivate the lazy / apathetic / Americanised / west-British types to embrace their culture and the Irish language.

MrFunkyBoogaloo

I would like to ask the moderators and DC why was the thread, 'Was 9/11 a Terrorist Attack?' deleted?

I've searched for it in the forums and using the search function and DS is correct. It has been wiped from the pages of history.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunkyBoogaloo View Post
    I would like to ask the moderators and DC why was the thread, 'Was 9/11 a Terrorist Attack?' deleted?

I've searched for it in the forums and using the search function and DS is correct. It has been wiped from the pages of history.
    Good. There is only so much crazy one can take.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Nothing will motivate the lazy / apathetic / Americanised / west-British types to embrace their culture and the Irish language.
    Certainly not adopting the approach of fundamentalist priests from the '60s and including name calling!
    Maith an fear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clanrickard View Post
    Good. There is only so much crazy one can take.
    +1, it was a tin hat thread.
    There's a lot to be said for the fellow who doesn't say it himself. -- Maurice Switzer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrFunkyBoogaloo View Post

I have checked through the history ... one poster felt they were personally libelled and reported such ... we take such claims very seriously here... the view in the Content Team was that it was too close to call (personally I thought it was libel) ... I suspended the "offending" user pro tem ... one Mod made an initial effort at surgery on the thread (the two posters in question had been at it for dozens of posts).

It was a Friday, most p.ie Mods were dinking (indeed some of us together), and no one was around to do surgery to fix the thread (chiefly remove many posts) ... so it was left in the closed "Content Team" area ... and has been there since. I've resurrected it, and suggested that some Mod may wish to devote an hour of their life to cleansing it...

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post
    I have checked through the history ... one poster felt they were personally libelled and reported such ... we take such claims very seriously here... the view in the Content Team was that it was too close to call (personally I thought it was libel) ... I suspended the "offending" user pro tem ... one Mod made an initial effort at surgery on the thread (the two posters in question had been at it for dozens of posts).

It was a Friday, most p.ie Mods were dinking (indeed some of us together), and no one was around to do surgery to fix the thread (chiefly remove many posts) ... so it was left in the closed "Content Team" area ... and has been there since. I've resurrected it, and suggested that some Mod may wish to devote an hour of their life to cleansing it...

cYp
    What's dinking?

If Brian Cowen was dinking would he be in worse doodoo than he is now?

Were you dinking before you wrote the above?
    There's a lot to be said for the fellow who doesn't say it himself. -- Maurice Switzer

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast