Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Gerry Ryan's daughter to get RTE tv show.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Gerry Ryan's daughter to get RTE tv show.

Ryan's daughter to follow in dad's footsteps with TV slot - Celebrity News & Gossip, Independent Woman - Independent.ie

maybe she'll be great but is smacks of nepotism.

rte is becoming like the dail, sons and daughters following in their fathers footsteps.

The Sunday Independent can exclusively reveal that Lottie Ryan, 24, has done a deal with RTE bosses that is set to make her one of the station's biggest names.

The Ryan family was celebrating this weekend after the bright young star learned that she would be given a slot on the afternoon schedules. Sources close to the Ryan family revealed that they were "over the moon" at Lottie's appointment to the national airwaves.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes, how many talented young people never get near a shot at RTE because of stuff like this. I would love to know how they can defend this tendency.

Of course, if it were a completely private organisation not taking public funds, I could care less.
    I am Kilrain of the 20th Maine and I damn all gentlemen
    Whose only worth is their father's name and the sweat of a workin' man

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Last time Gerry Ryan was on the Late Late Show with Tubridy his daughter was in the audience and he was introducing her as a future RTÉ presenter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Typical RTE nepotism. Symptomatic of how rife it is in Irish society. In saying that i wish the young lady luck in her endeavour
    Last edited by eoghanacht; 20th September 2010 at 12:22 AM.
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Diversity and Equal Opportunities RTE Diversity

As an employer, we recognise that encouragement of diversity and provision of equality of opportunity are essential to the efficiency and effectiveness of our work and to good relations among staff. We recognise that our workforce should reflect the diversity of our society.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pujols View Post
    Yes, how many talented young people never get near a shot at RTE because of stuff like this. I would love to know how they can defend this tendency.

Of course, if it were a completely private organisation not taking public funds, I could care less.
    I wonder how Tubridy got his gig on RTÉ reviewing books for Ruth Buchanan when he was 12.
    Last edited by johnfás; 20th September 2010 at 12:28 AM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well its always been said that nepotism is spelt with an R•T•E

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And she will be on half a million a year within a few years, free money for the 'royalty' within RTE.

I thought her father had limited talent, i think most of them are pretty damned ordinary - and now we know how such people rise to the top.

All wages for people doing these kinds of entertainment state-funded jobs should be capped at 100K and proper selection procedures put in place which are independent from the crowd at RTE to prevent nepotism and hiring people as a 'favor' to a friend or relative. Do these people believe they are some kind of royalty or something and with special entitlements?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnfás View Post
    I wonder how Tubridy got his gig on RTÉ reviewing books for Ruth Buchanan when he was 12.
    I'm guessing you already know the answer. His family are well connected politically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thranduil View Post
    And she will be on half a million a year within a few years, free money for the 'royalty' within RTE.

All wages for people doing these kinds of entertainment state-funded jobs should be capped at 100K
    Actually the 100k wage cap should be extended to everyone paid from the public purse right up to the president. Now what party would put that in a manifesto?

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast