Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the latest update on Brian Lenihan's health?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default What is the latest update on Brian Lenihan's health?

Genuinely curious - I haven't heard anything in a long time about how he is doing, and with all the furore about Cowen's leadership, surely the health of Lenihan will have a massive influence on how events take their course.

I'm not interested in made-up rumours or Liam Twomey-esque diagnoses from afar - does anyone know what the official word is?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He's grand. Was climbing Mount Leinster a while back.
    Every one sees what you appear to be, few really know what you are, and those few dare not oppose themselves to the opinion of the many, who have the majesty of the state to defend them.

- Niccolò Machiavelli

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by borntorum View Post
    Genuinely curious - I haven't heard anything in a long time about how he is doing, and with all the furore about Cowen's leadership, surely the health of Lenihan will have a massive influence on how events take their course.

I'm not interested in made-up rumours or Liam Twomey-esque diagnoses from afar - does anyone know what the official word is?
    You're not interested in rumours? You want to get private medical information from a website?
    Hope either Lenihan or his doctor are posters here and can respond to your request.
    You may have meant to ask if there is any official update on his health or to lament lack of same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Didimus View Post
    You're not interested in rumours? You want to get private medical information from a website?
    Hope either Lenihan or his doctor are posters here and can respond to your request.
    You may have meant to ask if there is any official update on his health or to lament lack of same.
    I didn't mean to ask if there is an official update; I asked if there was an official update. The clue is in this:

does anyone know what the official word is?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You know quite well that there is no official word. If there had been it would have been on page news.
    Last edited by Didimus; 19th September 2010 at 08:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You know quite well that there is no official word. If there had been it would have been from page news.
    No I don't know that. Hence the thread.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You know quite well that there is no official word. If there had been it would have been from page news.
    Hello - Wasn't there word last fortnight on it....

Finance Minister Brian Lenihan has completed his cancer treatment and believes there is now no immediate danger to his health.

Minister Lenihan said that while the cancer is still in his system, it has stabilised and his energy levels have increased.

He has also denied being approached by backbenchers who want to remove Brian Cowen from the leadership of Fianna Fáil and the country.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/l...#ixzz1006xR91z

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/l...te-472434.html

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iarmhi Gael View Post
    Hello - Wasn't there word last fortnight on it....

Lehihan says cancer treatment complete | BreakingNews.ie
    So end of thread then?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So end of thread then?
    If Brian Lenihan is made Taoiseach (and there seems gathering evidence to sugegst that is what FF are trying to do) the public must be allowed know exactly and not vaguely what he is suffering from and what is the very best medical opinion on his future health.

Quote Originally Posted by Anorakphobia View Post
    If Brian Lenihan is made Taoiseach (and there seems gathering evidence to sugegst that is what FF are trying to do) the public must be allowed know exactly and not vaguely what he is suffering from and what is the very best medical opinion on his future health.
    Do you want his medical records release to the public ? or just a statement from Brian Lenihan?

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast