Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: Pasted Policies

Default Pasted Policies

Well, after FF pension reform plans, Labs move twoards Constitutional reform and most of FG's New Era plan, the Greens have grabbed an Amhran Nua idea, transparency in the financing of political parties.

Listening to Gormley on the radio today was a bit of a surprise, I had heard those ideas before - oh yeah, thats right, the same ones proposed that attracted me to AN in the first place!!

Can these feckers not come up with an idea of there own that is pragmatic?

I mean seriously, we are told that we pay our politicians so much because we need high calibre people in the Dail, thats obviously failed when the leader of our government turns up half cut in a radio studio.

I am relieved when I see AN ideas been taken on by the parties, at least it means we are forcing the agenda to an extent.
    But to me its all words and no action, designed for the soundbite - nothing substantive or very watered down versions of AN policy that they copy and paste.

Never mind dodgy dossiers, in Ireland its more like pasted policies

If the Greens were really a party of change and wanted what was best for the country rather than the party, they would pull out of Government and let someone compitent take over the reins.

Gogo can go to the Guards all he wants, but we need deeds, not words.
    Calley is a distraction, not the root cause which essentially is the Haves have not a clue, and the political caste wont let go of the teat of the milk cow easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Transparency in the financing of political parties has been Green party policy since the early 80s. The program for government 2009 contains a pledge to ban corporate and union donations to political parties. This legislation is to be enacted by end Jan 2011.

Politics.ie Member evercloserunion's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is ridiculous. Who wouldn't want (or claim to want) transparency in the financing of political parties. I suppose SIPO was AN's idea too was it? Political ideas aren't something you can patent and use to the exclusion of everyone else, especially ideas as general as "transparency".

AN is a non-party and this is a non-issue.
    To live honestly, to hurt no one, to give every one his due.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zuiderzee View Post
    Well, after FF pension reform plans, Labs move twoards Constitutional reform and most of FG's New Era plan, the Greens have grabbed an Amhran Nua idea, transparency in the financing of political parties.

Listening to Gormley on the radio today was a bit of a surprise, I had heard those ideas before - oh yeah, thats right, the same ones proposed that attracted me to AN in the first place!!

I mean seriously, we are told that we pay our politicians so much because we need high calibre people in the Dail, thats obviously failed when the leader of our government turns up half cut in a radio studio.

I am relieved when I see AN ideas been taken on by the parties, at least it means we are forcing the agenda to an extent.
    But to me its all words and no action, designed for the soundbite - nothing substantive or very watered down versions of AN policy that they copy and paste.

If the Greens were really a party of change and wanted what was best for the country rather than the party, they would pull out of Government and let someone compitent take over the reins.

Calley is a distraction, not the root cause which essentially is the Haves have not a clue, and the political caste wont let go of the teat of the milk cow easily.
    ROTLFMAO

Talk about utter and complete delusion.

Do you honestly think anyone is nicking anything from your so-called party?

99% of people in this state, 100% of the politicians, and almost all journalists have never even heard of you, let alone bothering to waste time reading some 'policies' from some fringe group with a deluded sense of their own importance.
    "In [Ireland] a wife is regarded as a chattel, just as a thoroughbred mare or cow." Mr Justice Butler in the Irish courts. 'Traditional Marriage' in the 1970s.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyO'Brien View Post
    ROTLFMAO

Talk about utter and complete delusion.

Do you honestly think anyone is nicking anything from your so-called party?

99% of people in this state, 100% of the politicians, and almost all journalists have never even heard of you, let alone bothering to waste time reading some 'policies' from some fringe group with a deluded sense of their own importance.
    On an unrelated issue Tommy I thought you were heading from this place to brighter pastures ... your Sig would also seem to suggest that ... seems like you're still around quite a bit to negative that possibility

Reminds me of when Dr. Evil tells the psychiatrist about his father. "He would make outrageous claims, like he invented the question mark".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTJj4wbmAhk]YouTube - Austin Powers Doctor Evil Talks About Himself[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by miclin View Post
    Transparency in the financing of political parties has been Green party policy since the early 80s. The program for government 2009 contains a pledge to ban corporate and union donations to political parties. This legislation is to be enacted by end Jan 2011.
    The Greens have held the balance of power since 2007. Why has it taken this long for them to push through measures on political donations and corporate influence?
    Like Gogartys reporting of Calley, the sound of slamming gates and galloping horses hang in the air.

Evercloserunion - Of course AN did not develop SIPO, if we did it would actually have a charter to do some good, currently like a lot of measures it is too limited and the limitations FF put in place on the FoI act need to be repealed.

We have in the past heard promises from all parties on increased transparency and accountability, but its all words - no deeds, this is particularly true at council level.

There needs to be real accountability like the loss of pension rights and disbarment from public office or service if a person is found to be corrupt by a court or a tribunal.

Our political reform proposals were taken by FG, watered down to mean nothing but a good soundbite and included in the so called New Era proposals.

As for being a fringe group - I'd no longer say that. We are small but growing, and with FF at 24-25% in t he polls and Kenny not capitalising on that for FG there is an opening for a new collective in Irish politics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Greens have held the balance of power since 2007. Why has it taken this long for them to push through measures on political donations and corporate influence?
    The Greens did not hold the balance of power in 2007. At that time, the government had a majority with the independents and the Greens were added in for stability. Once the government numbers had reduced so that the Greens did hold the balance of power in 2009, a new programme for government was negotiated.