Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your Country Your Call Winners

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Your Country Your Call Winners

Neil Leyden, behind the Digital Media Forum has won €100k for his brilliant idea to make Ireland a digital hub in the above competition. The competition was sponsored by Cisco Ireland, whose chairman Kim Majerus also works with Leyden on the gateway Ireland project. Small country eh?

Leyden’s vision to establish an International Digital Services Centre is hardly a very original idea, and sounds remarkably like a proposal Eamon Ryan was pushing last year. The Irish Times - Wed, Jul 22, 2009 - Strategy to create up to 30,000 new 'green' jobs.

I would be very annoyed if I had put some effort into making an original proposal to win this competition.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thats just woeful, the five winners weren't world beaters but jesus thats just wrong. I'd be really pissed off if i was involved at any stage.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Liar View Post
    Neil Leyden, behind the Digital Media Forum has won €100k for his brilliant idea to make Ireland a digital hub in the above competition. The competition was sponsored by Cisco Ireland, whose chairman Kim Majerus also works with Leyden on the gateway Ireland project. Small country eh?

Leyden’s vision to establish an International Digital Services Centre is hardly a very original idea, and sounds remarkably like a proposal Eamon Ryan was pushing last year. The Irish Times - Wed, Jul 22, 2009 - Strategy to create up to 30,000 new 'green' jobs.
    What a surprise. FF cronyism wins again.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The competition was heavily promoted by the president.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luigi Vampa View Post
    What a surprise. FF cronyism wins again.
    ?? He's not FF though !

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Your country, your con!

Politics.ie Member seabhac siulach's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The standard of the winners can be judged by the fact that an entry with an 'idea' to put photovoltaic cells in every Irish windfarm made it to the final. The final!
    This suggestion was pure idiocy, considering the lack of sunlight in Ireland. Any electricity produced would have been hideously expensive. It would not be possible without a massive green subsidy, i.e. making negative money for Ireland. Did this entrant not wonder why such an obvious idea had not been implemented before by private energy operators? Did the judges?
    This entry, surely representative of the others (i.e. all being mere speculative ideas), suggests the whole competition was little more than a sham...in my opinion.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by athlonedub View Post
    ?? He's not FF though !
    Ahem. Use your noggin. Who do you think is keeping them in power and for what in return ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think the other is a data warehousing proposal and that's already happening all over the place. I thought this competition was for something new and innovative. If I thought you could copy ideas from abroad I'd have submitted 20.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did Cisco provide the "prize" money?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast