Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: GOP candidate for Delaware: Masturbation = adultery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default GOP candidate for Delaware: Masturbation = adultery

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned already. The Tea Party scored some big wins yesterday in primary elections, defeating a number of prominant Republican establishment figures. Most notable is Christine O'Donnell in Delaware, who beat off (ho ho) the challenge of veteran Republican Mike Castle.

Even by Tea Party standards, O'Donnell is extreme, and a video has emerged of her in the 1990s saying that masturbation is a sin. She was (is?) a member of Saviors Alliance for Lifting the Truth.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzHcqcXo_NA&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Christine O'Donnell's 90's MTV Anti-Masturbation Campaign[/ame]

(Why are so many of these far-right women so attractive? Or is it just me?)

The GOP establishment, having gleefully encouraged the Tea Party since Obama's election, are beginning to realise that they may have spawned a monster.

Karl Rove, George Bush's political strategist, speaking on Fox News, shared the Democratic assessment that her win boosted them. "There's just a lot of nutty things she's been saying that just simply don't add up," Rove said.

"I'm for the Republican, but I've got to tell you we were looking at eight to nine seats in the Senate we're now looking at seven to eight. In my opinion, this is not a race we're going to be able to win."

The Republicans need to win 10 seats to take control of the Senate.
    Christine O'Donnell celebrates shock Tea Party triumph in Delaware | World news | The Guardian

Andrew Sullivan is indulging in schadenfreude:

The cynicism of the neocons and Straussians in whipping up the masses they think are useful for the republic can occasionally, it appears, backfire. You have Yuval Levin sounding like Mark Levin on Adderall, while Kristol and Krauthammer and Rove suddenly try to put the brakes on the O'Donnell and Tea Party express. It's a cognitive dissonance too far. One day, even the tea-partiers will understand that these Village pundits and activists have as much quiet contempt for them as they do actual religious believers. And then maybe conservatism can find a serious voice again.
    What Kristol Wrought - The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

Is this the high-water mark of the Beck-and-Palin bandwagon of lunacy?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by borntorum View Post
    I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned already. The Tea Party scored some big wins yesterday in primary elections, defeating a number of prominant Republican establishment figures. Most notable is Christine O'Donnell in Delaware, who beat off (ho ho) the challenge of veteran Republican Mike Castle.

Even by Tea Party standards, O'Donnell is extreme, and a video has emerged of her in the 1990s saying that masturbation is a sin. She was (is?) a member of Saviors Alliance for Lifting the Truth.

YouTube - Christine O'Donnell's 90's MTV Anti-Masturbation Campaign

(Why are so many of these far-right women so attractive? Or is it just me?)

The GOP establishment, having gleefully encouraged the Tea Party since Obama's election, are beginning to realise that they may have spawned a monster.

Christine O'Donnell celebrates shock Tea Party triumph in Delaware | World news | The Guardian

Andrew Sullivan is indulging in schadenfreude:

What Kristol Wrought - The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan

Is this the high-water mark of the Beck-and-Palin bandwagon of lunacy?
    I note that you omit to mention that large numbers of Democratic Party candidates have distanced themselves from the disaster that is Barack Hussein Obama. America is facing a deficit of 1.3 Trillion this year as Obama and the Democrats have gone on a huge binge.
    The Democratic Party has its fair quota of left wing loons. Make no mistake about it. Now of course that is never mentioned on this side of the Atlantic.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fair play to her.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Who cares?

As long as she votes not only NO, but HELL NO! to any additional legislation coming down late this term in the senate. Unlike the other candidates, if she win the general election she will be seated immediately (since its a vacated seat) and will have a vote this session.

Ha! Senator Jim DeMint expressed the whole controversy best in one sentence:
    "I was there when we had the numbers, but did not have the principles"
    And what did it buy us? nothing! a bloated budget.

So this time.. who cares if a candidate is deemed 'unelectable' or not? FULL STEAM AHEAD! and throw the bums out! You voted for Tarp? gone! for Cap and Trade? gone! Obamacare? Gone!

It is no longer important if the house or senate are won in numbers if they are not going to vote our way. Besides.. the way things are going and with the wave or support she is getting I think Christine is going to handily beat Coons in the general. (Specially with the voter turn out.. 50,000 voters!! no one predicted more than 30,000 and the democrats are showing very lackluster voter turn out and enthusiasm on their side)

FYI: as of noon today, half a day after it was announced, Christine O'Donnell has met her $200,000 fundraising goal.. so she now bump it up to $350,000

Dublin, but lived in Tipp, Limerick, Kildare, NI, UK & USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When Karl Rove says she is a bit nutty then you know she even she is out there! Looks like she ran a pretty nasty campaign, so her christianity does stretch as far as treating others with respect!

Politics.ie Member H.R. Haldeman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

These people are total whack jobs.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by punchdrunk View Post
    I note that you omit to mention that large numbers of Democratic Party candidates have distanced themselves from the disaster that is Barack Hussein Obama.
    Well, of the 34 Democrats that opposed Obamacare (30 of which faced a challenge in their primaries), and which incurred the wrath of the Democratic party and threats to have them unseated in the primaries.. ALL of them survived. Having opposed Obama is like a protective shield for them.

For some others having supported him is like a dragging anchor that will sink them.

Dublin, but lived in Tipp, Limerick, Kildare, NI, UK & USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H.R. Haldeman View Post
    These people are total whack jobs.
    Sorry thats unfair to total whack jobs!!

Politics.ie Member antiestablishmentarian's Avatar
    Popular People's Front of Judea (bolshevik-leninist)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What a nutjob. As for the OP, I think the only reason you find her attractive is the forbidden fruit factor
    http://www.politicalworld.org/
    'Our goal is to conquer state power for the Irish working class' Pat Rabitte, 1987

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

lol
    Happiness is a dry martini and a good woman … or a bad woman.
    –George Burns

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast