Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Tipping Point

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Tipping Point

Following today's debacle I received numerous emails from political friends and indeed previous political foes regarding the state of the nation and potential next steps from my vantage point. I'm on holiday at present, availing of the hotel's generous wireless but I've been able to keep up with news back home. Watched the news tonight. It's virtually shambolic at this stage.

I am not a reactionary, not prone to hyperbole while obviously being right of centre. Two current TDs personally friendly with me have touched base. I also contacted a couple of councillors and ex party activists from three parties. As most will know, there have been mutterings of a new right of centre party since the demise of the PDs. I've been sceptical to be honest. I think a new party needs a broader base. But with FF imploding and FG stagnant I think the time has come. The tipping point has arrived.

FG are impotent. Kenny is unacceptable to urbania. The political imperative that Dail tenure offers carries little weight with city dwellers watching their wealth dissolve. If FG can't or won't represent this contingent of voters someone else will. It seems FG are happy to be the FBD of parties. Farmers won't get you elected inside the Pale. We are not content to desert Dublin to Labour/the unions. It's time the taxpayer had a party. It's time those ashamed of their current Taoiseach had a party. It's time those ashamed at the prospect of FF or FG's leader as our national chieftain had a party.

I am appealing for a ground movement to help. We will need young and old. Those affiliated and not. Those who are agitators and those who never thought they would. Ireland is one and yet not, a gaggle of constituencies, so I want word from Donegal to Waterford and Louth to Cork. It's going to be difficult. Good. Because it'll make the effort worth the goal. The existing parties will ridicule your efforts, will hope you go away but you will recognise yourself by looking in the mirror and realising that we live in a small country and yes, you genuinely can make a difference.

If you are to have a time, it's now. Stand by the republic. Chalk your name onto the board.
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So you won't be joining Eirigi, I take it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by derm0t View Post
    So you won't be joining Eirigi, I take it?
    Tragically no. I want to have an impact in Dail Eireann. It's time the ordinary peoples fury at expenses and gombeenism was represented. It's time the nonsense of non frontline funding ended. I want referenda. It's time we did things right, not to keep vested interests happy, but to actually deliver. I'm done with career politicians. I want activist politicians. Mission politicians.
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeDroit View Post
    If you are to have a time, it's now. Stand by the republic. Chalk your name onto the board.
    Would you ever ************************ off.

Another fellow who spots an opportunity and steps into the fray to "start a new political party". Is there a Facebook page and a twitter account so I can "follow" you?

The "Irish People's Party" (remember them?) consisted of a bunch of 30 to 40 something unmarried embittered failures. Lasted about 6 weeks once they could only scrape together 50 of their long-faced friends to hold placards outside the Dail. The guy behind it was too ashamed to even put his name and contact details on the website. lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HMprison View Post
    Would you ever ************************ off.

Another fellow who spots an opportunity and steps into the fray to "start a new political party". Is there a Facebook page and a twitter account so I can "follow" you?

The "Irish People's Party" (remember them?) consisted of a bunch of 30 to 40 something unmarried embittered failures. Lasted about 6 weeks once they could only scrape together 50 of their long-faced friends to hold placards outside the Dail. The guy behind it was too ashamed to even put his name and contact details on the website. lol.
    I'm afraid we're beyond that now. There genuinely is no alternative to tweedle dum and tweedle dee. But I can understand your fear and the fact that you are intimidated by the challenge. Bear in mind the impact 10 seats can have in this country. Have courage, if you genuinely want to make a difference with your life, opportunity knocks.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm afraid we're beyond that now. There genuinely is no alternative to tweedle dum and tweedle dee. But I can understand your fear and the fact that you are intimidated by the challenge. Bear in mind the impact 10 seats can have in this country. Have courage, if you genuinely want to make a difference with your life, opportunity knocks.
    I'll give you 1 week. Max.

Politics.ie Member antiestablishmentarian's Avatar
    Popular People's Front of Judea (bolshevik-leninist)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Tragically no.
    I want to have an impact in Dail Eireann.
    It's time the ordinary peoples fury at expenses and gombeenism was represented. It's time the nonsense of non frontline funding ended. I want referenda. It's time we did things right, not to keep vested interests happy, but to actually deliver.
    I'm done with career politicians
    . I want activist politicians. Mission politicians.
    'I'm done with career politicians' yeah right; don't you understand that we the people have no control over the real rulers of the State, the ECB and international bondholders? Having an 'impact in the Dáil' isn't going to do anything, for example Paul Gogarty had 'an impact in the Dáil' when he told Stagg to f*** off.
    http://www.politicalworld.org/
    'Our goal is to conquer state power for the Irish working class' Pat Rabitte, 1987

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by antiestablishmentarian View Post
    'I'm done with career politicians' yeah right; don't you understand that we the people have no control over the real rulers of the State, the ECB and international bondholders? Having an 'impact in the Dáil' isn't going to do anything, for example Paul Gogarty had 'an impact in the Dáil' when he told Stagg to f*** off.
    I can understand your cynicism. The country has a surplus of cynicism. But take a breath. Seriously, is this your all? Is this all you ever want to do for your family, your community, your country? Get involved or accept what you get given.

You can contribute here. Movements start with individuals. Are you one of those individuals?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HMprison View Post
    I'll give you 1 week. Max.
    So is that it? You lasted 5 minutes? Are you a typer or a doer?

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So is that it? You lasted 5 minutes? Are you a typer or a doer?
    I come here to be entertained.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast