Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did Healy Rae Jr get in to the Oireachtas?

Politics.ie Member NewGoldDream's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default When did Healy Rae Jr get in to the Oireachtas?

Know he's circulating letters about local issues in Oireachtas envelopes anyway.

Presume this is a matter that has been touched on again and again before with regard to politicians the length and breadth of the country and not just a Healy Rae, but not sure that makes it acceptable or appropriate.

Anyone know the guidelines in this area?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He has a mention in todays indo too.

Taxpayer forking out €1,300 every time Healy-Rae attends meeting - National News, Frontpage - Independent.ie

Does this bloke have a chance of getting elected to the Dail does anybody know?
    itís the continuing series of small tragedies, that send a man to the, madhouse

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[QUOTE
    Does this bloke have a chance of getting elected to the Dail does anybody know?[/QUOTE]

Good one, mate

Just practicing for when his auld fella bequeaths him the seat in Kerry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shutuplaura View Post
    Does this bloke have a chance of getting elected to the Dail does anybody know?
    Despite everything, the contracts for the family firm, the expenses, even his daughter landing the post office job in the Kilgarvan area much to noone's surprise, he'll still get a lot of votes.

Quote Originally Posted by NewGoldDream View Post
    Know he's circulating letters about local issues in Oireachtas envelopes anyway.

Presume this is a matter that has been touched on again and again before with regard to politicians the length and breadth of the country and not just a Healy Rae, but not sure that makes it acceptable or appropriate.

Anyone know the guidelines in this area?
    Surely no guidelines allow a non-Oireachtas member to use Oireachtas (postage paid I presume?) envelopes. It sounds like misappropriation of State resources to me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A letter to the Clerk of the Dail outlining the details would soon clarify things?
    ďA healthy social life is found only, when in the mirror of each soul the whole community finds its reflection, and when in the whole community the virtue of each one is livingĒ R. Steiner

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Healey Rae "Cap" virus is a virulent strain of the Gombeen virus. Once it becomes airborn it can spread out from Kerry straight to Dublin and back again almost daily, causing huge holes in expense sheets.
    Are we a nation, or are we just an economy in thrall to international private banking?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truthforsooth View Post
    Surely no guidelines allow a non-Oireachtas member to use Oireachtas (postage paid I presume?) envelopes.
    I was wondering the converse though.

I agree that they should not use the envelopes and free mail service - even if his own daughter is around delivering it. I'm just wondering if this has been specifically set out to Councillors, you know the whole Callely 'if someone can show me where I did wrong' nonsense that politicians seem to like.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gombeen politics at its best. The People of Kerry deserve what they vote for.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dohville View Post
    Gombeen politics at its best. The People of Kerry deserve what they vote for.
    Would you be from the same 'Cork' that elects public reps like PJ Sheehan, Noel O'Flynn and Kathleen Lynch?

Hilarious.

Black kettles and life in glasshouses etc. etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast