Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 321

Thread: Billy Wright Report Issued: Negligence but no collusion in his murder

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member picador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Béal Feirste
    Posts
    20,967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Billy Wright Report Issued: Negligence but no collusion in his murder

    UTV Live Tonight is to examine the life and death of Billy Wright, a.k.a. King Rat, in a special programme at 10.30pm tonight.

    UTV News - Wright inquiry to answer collusion question

    The report into Wright's murder is to be released tomorrow. Wright was shot by a three-strong INLA gang inside the Maze prison in December 1997. The former Mid-Ulster UVF commander, who went on to found the Loyalist Volunteer Force, was an opponent of the developing peace process.

    Wright's father believes that the authorities were complicit in the murder as they knew the INLA inmates were planning to kill Wright and that they'd previously smuggled a gun into Maghaberry jail. Even so the gang was moved to the Maze and into the same block as LVF prisoners. A series of apparent security lapses facilitated King Rat's murder.
    The Empire's Over - Why Don't You Go Home?

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Politics.ie Member picador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Béal Feirste
    Posts
    20,967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Yep, Wright was an asset who became a liability.
    The Empire's Over - Why Don't You Go Home?

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member Cruimh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    County Londonderry
    Posts
    35,468
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    As with so many other cases the truth, if it ever comes out, will not be known in our lifetimes.

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member picador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Béal Feirste
    Posts
    20,967
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Empire's Over - Why Don't You Go Home?

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    263
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Whats the difference between King Rat and a black cab? A black cab can take five in the back.

  7. #7
    Politics.ie Member British Citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Loyalist East Belfast, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,197
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by picador View Post
    Yep, Wright was an asset who became a liability.
    I think if there's one paramilitary who emerged throughout The Troubles who we can say was NOT an informer it would be Wright.

    He died with every Nationalist group and almost every Loyalist group targeting him, was jailed for EIGHT YEARS on the word of a woman who said he threatened to kill her and was killed inside the most secure prison in Europe.

    Doesn't sound like anyone was looking out for him, does it?

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    263
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by British Citizen View Post
    I think if there's one paramilitary who emerged throughout The Troubles who we can say was NOT an informer it would be Wright.

    He died with every Nationalist group and almost every Loyalist group targeting him, was jailed for EIGHT YEARS on the word of a woman who said he threatened to kill her and was killed inside the most secure prison in Europe.

    Doesn't sound like anyone was looking out for him, does it?
    King Rat was offed for threatening exposure. How can you live here and not know this?

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member British Citizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Loyalist East Belfast, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,197
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Border-Rat View Post
    King Rat was offed for threatening exposure. How can you live here and not know this?
    Nonsense.

    Do you find it so hard to believe there might have been ONE Loyalist paramilitary who wasn't 'trained, armed and directed' by British spooks?

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    263
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by British Citizen View Post
    Nonsense.

    Do you find it so hard to believe there might have been ONE Loyalist paramilitary who wasn't 'trained, armed and directed' by British spooks?
    Wright went rogue and prepared his whistle. Ya know, the LVF and all that? You remember the LVF, don't you British Citizen? The Protestants who beheaded Catholics in 1999 in the name of Queen and Country?

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •