Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need a laugh on a wet Monday morning? > 2007 FF Manifesto

Gimpanzee

Default Need a laugh on a wet Monday morning? > 2007 FF Manifesto

This seems to be available exclusively on a site called drugsandalcohol.ie. And, why not? The people who wrote it and voted for it were out of their box.

First up, the puffed up chest bit:

Today Ireland stands as one of the world’s greatest economies. We enjoy the full employment, the good wages and the promising opportunities which the generations that secured our independence could only dream of.
    http://www.drugsandalcohol.ie/6306/1...next_steps.pdf

Some gems: An entire chapter devoted to housing.

One third of all houses in Ireland have been built since Fianna Fáil came into Government in 1997.

Housing output is now running at over 93,000 homes per annum compared with under 34,000 in 1996. In order to provide housing to meet the needs of our young and growing population, we are now building houses at a level five times greater than the European average.
    Hmm....

and in De'conmy section:

We will operate a responsible fiscal policy characterised by broad budget balance and a declining debt burden.
    Prudent. Very prudent.

Retain the flexibility to deal with any future shocks.
    Well, I'm glad they had that covered.

And best of all, a great big roundy-headed Berticle caked in make-up doing his 'I'm a statesman' face. Fantastic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Increase the State Pension to €300 per week
    ANGER IS A POLICY, GET OFF YOUR KNEES

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Ah, be fair gimp. If it hadn't been for Lehmans ya know..............
    "It is important therefore that I clarify to the House that in the first instance there are significant monies within Anglo-Irish to take the strain of loan losses arising over the next three or four years, before State support is engaged." Brian Lenihan 15/01/09

Gimpanzee

Quote Originally Posted by 'orebel View Post
    Ah, be fair gimp. If it hadn't been for Lehmans ya know..............
    but... but..they promised to "Retain the flexibility to deal with any future shocks."

Politics.ie Member Socratus O' Pericles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What makes me laugh is the state of denial of the FF faithful.
    They do not realise the extent of the kicking they are going to get the next time out.
    They're ineptitude, greed and incompetence is crystallised for me in the Calelly affair-not a major deal of itself (ffer with snout in trough shock) -but they cannot even deal with it.

In another post someone assured us that FF will win at least one seat in every constituency because that’s the way it always is.

I'm saying watch Dublin North Central and Dun Laoghaire for two spots where they might get nil.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This is another thing which makes me laugh..

John O'Donoghue speaking at the 2005 FF ard Fheis

http://www.politics.ie/current-affai...ch-2005-a.html

Politics.ie Member flavirostris's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimpanzee View Post
    This seems to be available exclusively on a site called drugsandalcohol.ie. And, why not? The people who wrote it and voted for it were out of their box.

First up, the puffed up chest bit:

http://www.drugsandalcohol.ie/6306/1...next_steps.pdf

Some gems: An entire chapter devoted to housing.

Worth watching Ahern loftily "rejecting" the "auction politics of the opposition" at the Fianna Fáil Ard Fhéis. He bitterly castigates them for threatening to put in jeopardy our hard won prosperity and acts as if FF were the only real proponents of fiscal responsibility.
    With the benefit of hindsight we can now see that his governent were doing precisely what he was excoriating the opposition for.

Hmm....

and in De'conmy section:

Prudent. Very prudent.

Well, I'm glad they had that covered.

And best of all, a great big roundy-headed Berticle caked in make-up doing his 'I'm a statesman' face. Fantastic.
    Worth watching Ahern loftily "rejecting" the "auction politics of the opposition" at the Fianna Fáil Ard Fhéis. He bitterly castigates them for threatening to put in jeopardy our hard won prosperity and acts as if FF were the only real proponents of fiscal responsibility.
    With the benefit of hindsight we can now see that his governent were doing precisely what he was excoriating the opposition for supposedly doing if they ever got in.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This PDF should really have been placed on the Moon with Dev's message. I love this from the Finance and Economy section...

"We reject the shallow ideologies of right and left, believing that a strong economy, the promotion of individual enterprise and increasing investment in public services are fundamentally linked objectives."

This underneath Economic and Fiscal Framework is the cherry on the cake...
    "Fianna Fail will always put responsibility first. The long-term interests of Ireland are our priority and will never be sacrificed for short-term gain." WTF?????

Shallow ideologies Jaysus! There you have it, no ideologies, no idea, no joined up thinking just "spend it while you have it" and tomorrow will take care of itself eh?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Socratus O' Pericles View Post
    They do not realise the extent of the kicking they are going to get the next time out.
    They're ineptitude, greed and incompetence is crystallised for me in the Calelly affair-not a major deal of itself (ffer with snout in trough shock) -but they cannot even deal with it.

In another post someone assured us that FF will win at least one seat in every constituency because that’s the way it always is.

I'm saying watch Dublin North Central and Dun Laoghaire for two spots where they might get nil.
    SOP, you are being very pessimistic there. I was able, in a post a few weeks ago, to identify about 10 or 11 constituencies where that joyous prospect could arise - First Dublin - DNE, DNC, DN, DSE, DUNLre, DNW, DC, DSW and then Kild N, Kerry N, Tipp N. Look hard for example at dub NE - who will hold a FF seat there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Socratus O'Pericles
    It makes you laugh?

I think they've already written off the next election.

But they know the Irish public hasn't yet absorbed the scale of what's been done, and the awful truth that even a decade of positive economic growth will still see falling living standards, thanks to the new debt burden.

So when the next government has to keep making cuts and more cuts and tax rises, and Ireland becomes an ever-grimmer place to live, raise a family and do business, who thinks the blame will fall on the government that caused it, as opposed to the government that's in office at the time?

FF may well have the last laugh in all this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast