Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Arguments for and against the view that Martin McGuinness is a British spy

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Arguments for and against the view that Martin McGuinness is a British spy

Much speculation on this one, there are quite compelling arguments for that are well documented now.

Brief summary here by Liam Clarke:

[I]McGuinness in new spy claims
    Martin McGuinness denies spying for MI6. So how has he survived when those around him have been shot or jailed, asks Liam Clarke

RAYMOND GILMOUR, the supergrass who infiltrated the IRA in the early 1980s, used to wake up screaming following nightmares that Martin McGuinness was about to shoot him. But now he suspects his life was protected by his former IRA commander and that McGuinness, like him, was a British agent.
    Liam Clarke on Martin Ingram and Martin McGuinness

More from FAIR:

[I]10 FACTS about the "charmed existence" enjoyed by Martin McGuinness. There are several reasons for suspicion falling on Martin McGuinness for he survived when those around him have been shot or jailed. Derry IRA informants coughed up more secrets, leading to more arms finds, than any other part of the IRA.

1. The first and biggest find of arms imported from Libya in the mid 1980s - 100 AK47 and five medium machineguns were found at Five Fingers Strand in north Donegal, and the information came via an RUC informant in Derry.

http://www.wesleyjohnston.com/users/...b_activity.gif

That's the case for, I'd be interested to hear some arguments for the case against, surely alot or at least some of this stuff can be explained away?
    Last edited by Sync; 10th September 2010 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Edited for copyright

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You think that's why the RUC were so eager not to investigate Claudy?

Before they went into bed with The Shinners, the DUP were very prominent in spreading it about. If it were true, you would think they would be more than happy to cohabitate with such a 'hero'.
    I think it's fairly well established that the Brits had at least 1 tout higher than Stakeknife and Donaldson, whoever that may be?
    By the way not meant as a sectarian point at all but a socio cultural question Was the aforementioned Mr. Donaldson a member of the majority community?

Politics.ie Member kerdasi amaq's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've come to believe that the IRA were practically a division of the British Security services.
    We have got as much as we are going to get out of Europe; it is, now, time to leave!
    EUROPA CONVENTUS DELENDA EST!...Whistle out the marching tune.....27

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He could have been a spy, or the British may well have figured that it was better to have a relative moderate like him high up than some of the other hardliners who were around at the time hence his relatively "charmed" existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The thread title is totally misleading as you have only copied and pasted the arguments in favour of him being a spy.

Also what is NEW in this. You are just rehashing old stuff.
    The Empire's Over - Why Don't You Go Home?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by picador View Post
    The thread title is totally misleading as you have only copied and pasted the arguments in favour of him being a spy.

Misleading thread titles.

Rehashing 'old stuff'.

Pemind you of anyone close to home, pic?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Young Ned View Post
    You think that's why the RUC were so eager not to investigate Claudy?
    I doubt he was a spy (presuming he was at all) as far back as that Ned.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by picador View Post

And I'm asking what the arguments are to refute it, do you have any?

Does this discussion make you uncomfortable pic?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Same thing was said about Michael Collins,Tom Barry,Tomas MacCurtain.

I would take more credence in Pastor Jones views on Islam than Liam Clarkes opinions on the North.

Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast