Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you rate performance of Limerick City TDs ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default How do you rate performance of Limerick City TDs ?

How do people rate the performance of the current Limerick City TDs?

Are they delivering for the city?

Just looking at some recent headlines.

Just one extra staff member in IDA scheme aimed at addressing unemployment in Limerick

Just one extra staff member in IDA scheme aimed at addressing unemployment in Limerick - Limerick Leader

Jobless numbers continue to grow with almost 23,500 out of work
    Jobless numbers continue to grow with almost 23,500 out of work - Limerick Leader

Shannon dying on its feet, warns O'Leary

Shannon dying on its feet, warns O'Leary - The Irish Times - Thu, Sep 09, 2010

Are our Limerick TDs up to the job? Have they anything to offer other than attending funerals?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by williewatch View Post
    How do people rate the performance of the current Limerick City TDs?

Are they delivering for the city?

Just looking at some recent headlines.

Just one extra staff member in IDA scheme aimed at addressing unemployment in Limerick

Just one extra staff member in IDA scheme aimed at addressing unemployment in Limerick - Limerick Leader

Jobless numbers continue to grow with almost 23,500 out of work
    Jobless numbers continue to grow with almost 23,500 out of work - Limerick Leader

Shannon dying on its feet, warns O'Leary

Shannon dying on its feet, warns O'Leary - The Irish Times - Thu, Sep 09, 2010

Are our Limerick TDs up to the job? Have they anything to offer other than attending funerals?
    After the above list, how could anyone claim Limerick TDs have anything to offer?? We have too many TDs hence why you can see all TDs at funerals.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by realistic1 View Post
    After the above list, how could anyone claim Limerick TDs have anything to offer?? We have too many TDs hence why you can see all TDs at funerals.
    Its only fair to mention that there is not a lot opposition tds can do,what did our minister and our half minister do for limerick?

Politics.ie Member making waves's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let's see -

Wille O'Dea - very successful at putting his foot in his mouth - cr*p at everything else.

Peter Power - a poor second to Wee Willie when it comes to parish pump politics - cr*p at everything else.

Michael Noonan - been there, done that, has been, with illusions that he knows more about the economy than anyone else - cr*p at everything else.

Kieran O'Donnell - lightweight wannabe who thought he had made it to the front line only to be pushed back again by his constituency buddy - cr*p at everything else.

Jan O'Sullivan - I supposed it could be said that she is normally polite - cr*p at everything else.
    Separate Church and State

The streets of Limerick, full of closed down businesses are my judgement on our TDs. Walk from Thomond bridge through Englishtown, on through Patrick and O'Connell Street and finish by dropping into Souths pub. ANYBODY would want to throw a punch a WOD.
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

well the FF government TD'S havent done anything for limerick even though they have the power. The opposition Td's cant do much but they try their best we will just have to wait and see when jan O' sullivan and michael noonan become ministers in a few months.
    "Ich bin ein Berliner- I am a jelly donut-JFK"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Dell, Shannon Airport, to name but two.

Willie O Dea is the quintessential cute hoor FF'r, his closest political mirror image would be Ivor Callely. The old qoute that Willie was a lion in Limerick and a mouse in Leinster House comes to mind. All this self serving rubbish about being hard done by is just that. Willie's career was built on keeping people dependent on state hand outs and pretending that he was looking after the little people.
    He may have the highest poll for FF at the next election but I think that will be nothing to brag about.
    If the people of Ireland have not finally realised what FF are about, then God help us.

Quote Originally Posted by anfieldabff View Post
    Willie O Dea is the quintessential cute hoor FF'r, his closest political mirror image would be Ivor Callely. The old qoute that Willie was a lion in Limerick and a mouse in Leinster House comes to mind. All this self serving rubbish about being hard done by is just that. Willie's career was built on keeping people dependent on state hand outs and pretending that he was looking after the little people.
    He may have the highest poll for FF at the next election but I think that will be nothing to brag about.
    If the people of Ireland have not finally realised what FF are about, then God help us.
    could not have said it better myself hopefully people will realise what an idiot he is.
    "Ich bin ein Berliner- I am a jelly donut-JFK"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith-M View Post
    The streets of Limerick, full of closed down businesses are my judgement on our TDs.
    How would you expect the political process to fill those businesses?

I mean, maybe you are right. I just wonder what the connection is, as you see it.
    However, banks know they have a duty of care to their clients and I'm sure that this should prevent them lending irresponsibly.

George Lee 2 June 2006

Ziggy

Quote Originally Posted by Schuhart View Post
    How would you expect the political process to fill those businesses?

I mean, maybe you are right. I just wonder what the connection is, as you see it.
    Exapanding the city boundaries so that the rates rich areas that border the city are within the city.

Also not allowing the city to be as dependent on one company as Limerick has been on Dell (and Ferenka before it).
    Thank you for the six thousand likes.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast