Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Failed TD running for cover

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Failed TD running for cover

I've been listening to Seán Power over the last couple of weeks and he seems to have donned the mantle of responsible caring politician since being demoted back to the ranks. This really is one guy who "screwed the pooch". He had a handy number as a Junior Minister but failed to capitalise on it and certainly never commanded his brief. Like a sulking little brat he has now taken to sniping from the sidelines obviously in a last ditch attempt to save his seat. It's amazing that he had a "bluechip" seat that was his forever if he had maintained a profile. I, for one, will not miss him if he's dumped at the next election.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I won,t miss any of them, including the opposition TDs. They are all a hopeless and utterly worthless bunch of spongers.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MPB View Post
    I won,t miss any of them, including the opposition TDs. They are all a hopeless and utterly worthless bunch of spongers.
    You should run for the Dail.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

who are the possibilities in kildare, eddie hobbs is in athgarvan might be persuaded

Dublin, but lived in Tipp, Limerick, Kildare, NI, UK & USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EskimoJack View Post
    who are the possibilities in kildare, eddie hobbs is in athgarvan might be persuaded
    Lets see wasn't that tried with George Lee?

The current poolitical system does not function as it was intended.

Looking for different apples on the same tree will still give you the headaches and diarrhea you had before!

We need a different system, it should be clear to anyone over 35 and conscious by now.

If under 35 I suggest looking to the 1980's for a similar fiasco.

It does not matter who is in power and who is in opposition, IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE, the system does not work for the people.

It keeps happening every 25-30 years, it is predictable!
    Fianna Fail - The Anti Democratic Party & The Anti Constitutional Party. Traitors of Irishmen and Irishwomen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EUrJokingMeRight View Post
    If under 35 I suggest looking to the 1980's for a similar fiasco.
    Don't wish to cross you, EUJMR, since I so often agree with your points, but if you look at the above quote I'm sure you'll agree - nothing in the '80s is actually "similar" to what we have today.

In 1997 FF were handed a country with an economy thriving and a society finally approaching spmeyhing like a modern European norm.

They buggered it up by applying normal FF bloodsucking standards, and left an economy in ruins for the sake of their mates.

The methods used in the 80s and 'noughties , agreed, are similar. But they hadn't the wit to realise that the world had changed, and that the damage these methods would inevitably do in a globalised economy was for all intents and purposes limitless.

Now they hock our unborn in order to protect their mates and themselves. They cannot possibly desire progress, because progress would lead to an Ireland that would recognise them as enemies of the country itself.

This is not the 80s.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I believe people need to understand that the current situation is unprecidented and looking to history for economic or political solutions is not going to solve todays issues. Fresh thinking is certainly required, micro economics is the key to getting us out of this IMO.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MPB View Post
    I am suspicious of anyone who says they are all the same - usually a sort of FF response. Power is not a failed TD, he is still a TD and hoping to hold on to his seat like Mattie McGrath, Ned O Keeffe, John McGuinness, etc. Trying to be gov and opposition all at same time.
    You'd think Kenny committed Treason and brought in IMF. Cowen had all in stitches in Galway at 3.30a.m.but he was "not impaired" -DD Power. FF=Publican páirtí an IMF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Mor View Post
    I am suspicious of anyone who says they are all the same - usually a sort of FF response. Power is not a failed TD, he is still a TD and hoping to hold on to his seat like Mattie McGrath, Ned O Keeffe, John McGuinness, etc. Trying to be gov and opposition all at same time.
    well made point, the system does need changing all the same, we dont need 166 TD's, we dont need so many councillors, we dont need so many quangos and civil servants, we are a population of birmingham. One of the great failings of the current government was to give so much power to unelected people (HSE) and they used that as their excuse for failure (ah sure its them buggers in the HSE that have screwed up health)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast