Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Where was the so-called republican party Sinn Fein today for the Blair visit?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Where was the so-called republican party Sinn Fein today for the Blair visit?

Nearly all republican groups of all shades such as 32CSM, RNU, Eirigi, IRSP, Workers Party and RSF were present today to protest against the visit by War Criminal Tony Blair and his attempts to fundraise for the British army in Easons.
    Also present were those on the left and anti-war activists.

But where were the self proclaimed largest republican party in Ireland Sinn Fein today? there were no members of SF or the Provisional movement present today to oppose this visit.

Sinn Fein being part of the constitutional clique of Fianna Fail, Labour, Fine Gael etc, do they not care an issue such as this?

Is it because of the close bond Gerry Adams made with Blair when they were selling out the countries chance at sovereignty with the GFA, that Gerry doesnt want to upset his auld buddy Blair by having his followers oppose him visiting the capital?

Shame on the Provos, they again prove they are now part of the establishment of the Brits and Freestaters
    It is not those who can inflict the most but those who can endure the most who will conquer.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well yeah. Is there something wrong with that?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Uh yeah exactly. Plus, all the other real political parties tend to stay away from events when unelectable groups are clearly going to commit crimes. Which is what happened today.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    Uh yeah exactly. Plus, all the other real political parties tend to stay away from events when unelectable groups are clearly going to commit crimes. Which is what happened today.
    A 'real' political party that claims to represent the republican community of Ireland, to be on the left, that claims to be proud of its revolutionary past, yest they seem to have no bones with the former commander of the British army, who invaded and occupied sovereign nations killing thousands much like in the North of Ireland, but Sinn Fein decide to stay silent about this issue.

We know why they have been in receipt of British position and money since the GFA that Mr Blair was partly responsible for, they dont want rock the boat.

Sinn Fein are the biggest traitors to the Republic since Collins, if not more so
    It is not those who can inflict the most but those who can endure the most who will conquer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sinn Fein doesn't come out in force for one protest, and you auotmatically assume that they love Blair? thats stretching it a bit isn't it? I'm pretty sure that not every group/person who has issues with Mr. Blair went to today's protest, what with the 100 or so attendance.
    "If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.” - Ernesto 'Che' Guevara.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTom View Post
    Sinn Fein doesn't come out in force for one protest, and you auotmatically assume that they love Blair? thats stretching it a bit isn't it? I'm pretty sure that not every group/person who has issues with Mr. Blair went to today's protest, what with the 100 or so attendance.
    There were approx 500 present today, the media acting in the interests of the state and Blair want it to be portrayed as small gathering that was nothing significant, that was not the case, and Sinn Fein have hundreds of members in Dublin why none present?, why no statement decrying the visit.

We know why, Brit back handers and an excuse to wear suits to Stormont

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoseyWhales View Post
    A 'real' political party that claims to represent the republican community of Ireland, to be on the left, that claims to be proud of its revolutionary past, yest they seem to have no bones with the former commander of the British army, who invaded and occupied sovereign nations killing thousands much like in the North of Ireland, but Sinn Fein decide to stay silent about this issue.

We know why they have been in receipt of British position and money since the GFA that Mr Blair was partly responsible for, they dont want rock the boat.

Sinn Fein are the biggest traitors to the Republic since Collins, if not more so
    What are you talking about? They condemned the Iraq war. By your logic every time anyone from SF goes to England they should be harangued by...Gosh I don't know. I was going to say the BNP , but the BNP get votes. So the nutcases in 32CSM or whatever aren't actually as relevant as the BNP. The Monster Raving Looney party maybe. To reiterate though, no real party is going somewhere they know 100 unelectable losers are going to be breaking the law. Especially when that man was effectively an ally in pushing forward a peace treaty SF also backed.
    Last edited by Sync; 4th September 2010 at 07:20 PM.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If more people attended the protest than i'd heard, than i apoligise for quoting a wrong figure. but again, just because SF didn't send a few hundred to today's protest does not mean that they support Blair or the war in Iraq.
    "If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.” - Ernesto 'Che' Guevara.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The news I heard was more people turned on one side of the street to get autographed copies of Blairs book, than there were protestors on the other side of the street.

shouldnt be long now before someone posts they were all shinners who bought his book.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoseyWhales View Post
    Nearly all republican groups of all shades such as 32CSM, RNU, Eirigi, IRSP, Workers Party and RSF were present today to protest against the visit by War Criminal Tony Blair and his attempts to fundraise for the British army in Easons.
    Also present were those on the left and anti-war activists.

But where were the self proclaimed largest republican party in Ireland Sinn Fein today? there were no members of SF or the Provisional movement present today to oppose this visit.

Sinn Fein being part of the constitutional clique of Fianna Fail, Labour, Fine Gael etc, do they not care an issue such as this?

Is it because of the close bond Gerry Adams made with Blair when they were selling out the countries chance at sovereignty with the GFA, that Gerry doesnt want to upset his auld buddy Blair by having his followers oppose him visiting the capital?

Shame on the Provos, they again prove they are now part of the establishment of the Brits and Freestaters
    You guys dont represent anybody, I believe there were more people there to buy the book than protest, Gerry and Blair got on very well, they brought peace to the North, they people support Gerry with increasing seats at each Assembly election, He has the support of the people, you have the support of nobody, that is what annoys you, well, things are going to get worse for you.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast