Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Ryan Air idea.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Another Ryan Air idea.

Just heard on newstalk that MOL wishes to have his short-haul flights piloted by a single pilot, no co-pilot. No link found yet.

Apparently, one of the cabin crew would be designated as an "emergency pilot".

From the Ryan Air rep, it's needed so they can charge €5 flights.

Another daft idea from MOL.
    The enemy of my enemy is the enemy of my enemy. EU Army coming to be, the feckin' conspiracy nuts on Lisbon were right on this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Doesn't seem daft to me. He knows that if anything were to go wrong in that situation, it would destroy his business. He's obviously weighed up the risks and I imagine a plane could be safely operated by one pilot.

I'd say MOL knows it's daft. I suspect it would have to be approved by ICAO on an aircraft type basis, which would probably take 20 years or something mad like that ..
    Redacted.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davehiggz View Post
    Doesn't seem daft to me. He knows that if anything were to go wrong in that situation, it would destroy his business. He's obviously weighed up the risks and I imagine a plane could be safely operated by one pilot.
    He can keep his risks. Not that he would be allowed anyway. Why do news agencies give him such free publicity ?

I can see sometime in the future were Ryanair do not use airplanes anymore and simply use giant catapults to fling people to their destinations.

Of course his fanatical supporters would still praise this wonderful idea of "progression" as another fine example of MoL "aviation evolution" and his exemplary business model.

At least Howard Hughes had a colourful life and was a genius and a fantastic aviator. MoL is an upstart pathetic little runt.
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dent View Post
    He can keep his risks. Not that he would be allowed anyway. Why do news agencies give him such free publicity ?
    Its funny how all these Ryanair plans hit the news on very slow news days.

Remember the charging for fat people talk and the charging for the toilet talk?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Can we close this thread, Ryan Air want to advertise let them pay, but another 10 page rant on Ryan Air for free is not on.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myksav View Post
    Just heard on newstalk that MOL wishes to have his short-haul flights piloted by a single pilot, no co-pilot. No link found yet.

Apparently, one of the cabin crew would be designated as an "emergency pilot".

From the Ryan Air rep, it's needed so they can charge €5 flights.

Another daft idea from MOL.
    Last 2 months I've had 10 Ryanair flights. All were excellent & on time.

I've complete confidence in Michael O'Leary. The Numbers that fly with Ryanair and pay his low fares don't seem to mind.

Everyone likes a good auld moan, sadly I've never had the chance with Ryanair like others do

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iarmhi Gael View Post

I've complete confidence in Michael O'Leary. The Numbers that fly with Ryanair and pay his low fares don't seem to mind.

Everyone likes a good auld moan, sadly I've never had the chance with Ryanair like others do

Indeed, however it would be handy if they accepted payment with an AMEX card

Quote Originally Posted by Iarmhi Gael View Post

Sorry which airline are you talking about? You didn't make it very clear in your post...
    “The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design.” - Friedrich A. Hayek

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast