Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 51 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Women assaulted after crossing through parade

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Women assaulted after crossing through parade

BBC News - SF councillor claims woman assaulted at Ballymena march

Shocking if true especially as the Royal Black are some of the most moderate of marchers

Politics.ie Member British Citizen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've seen this happen a few times during marches through Belfast city centre.

Spides in Celtic tops will attempt to walk through the middle of a band in order to try and provoke a reaction - they know rightly you can't cross until the parade has finished.

Sounds more like this woman just didn't know. Based on past form I would warn everyone to take Sinn Fein statements with a pinch of salt. What they claim to true and what actually is true can sometimes be miles apart....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

If she's been assaulted then she should certainly make a complaint. Scumbag criminals who assault 60 year old women shouldn't be tolerated. No way the PSNI should meet with the councillor though to discuss it.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by British Citizen View Post
    I've seen this happen a few times during marches through Belfast city centre.

Spides in Celtic tops will attempt to walk through the middle of a band in order to try and provoke a reaction - they know rightly you can't cross until the parade has finished.

Sounds more like this woman just didn't know. Based on past form I would warn everyone to take Sinn Fein statements with a pinch of salt. What they claim to true and what actually is true can sometimes be miles apart....
    You can cross between lodges as there is usually a decent gap, or you wait til there is a gap. So if she has waited for a gap how could one of the marchers (or three in this case) have grabbed her?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue84 View Post
    BBC News - SF councillor claims woman assaulted at Ballymena march

Shocking if true especially as the Royal Black are some of the most moderate of marchers
    Fair play for posting something which doesn't necessarily sit comfortably with your own political outlook.

I have never understood this thing whereby some members the loyal order go nuts if someone crosses the road in front of them. Fair enough if someone tries to go through the men walking in file but if there is a gap between lodges what is the problem? Life doesn't stop because there is an orange parade. People need to cross roads.

I remember years ago a mate of mine being confronted by Orangemen with swords as he tried to cross Clifton St. Lucky for him the peelers were on hand to pull him out of the way.
    The Empire's Over - Why Don't You Go Home?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post
    If she's been assaulted then she should certainly make a complaint. Scumbag criminals who assault 60 year old women shouldn't be tolerated. No way the PSNI should meet with the councillor though to discuss it.
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by picador View Post
    Fair play for posting something which doesn't necessarily sit comfortably with your own political outlook.

I have never understood this thing whereby some members the loyal order go nuts if someone crosses the road in front of them. Fair enough if someone tries to go through the men walking in file but if there is a gap between lodges what is the problem? Life doesn't stop because there is an orange parade. People need to cross roads.
    +1

Politics.ie Member RightCentreLeft's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by picador View Post
    +1

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is this the same organisation that marched in Newcastle?

That large parade through a mainly Catholic town passed off without incident. Good news rarely makes headlines I suppose

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oboe View Post
    Is this the same organisation that marched in Newcastle?

That large parade through a mainly Catholic town passed off without incident. Good news rarely makes headlines I suppose
    It's like every story from the North unfortunately, a tiny minority of morons from both sides end up casting a shadow over the law abiding citizens.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Page 1 of 51 1234511 ... LastLast