Follow @PoliticsIE

Thread: What opposition party TD (s) should, ideally, be writing for The Sunday Independent?

Politics.ie Member Darren Mac an Phríora's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default What opposition party TD (s) should, ideally, be writing for The Sunday Independent?

Willie O'Dea writes for The Sunday Independent.

I read a column by Olwyn Enright in the paper a few years ago that was very good. I would go with her so representing the Fine Gael tradition.

On the Labour side I am not so sure. Perhaps Jan O'Sullivan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

None of them. It is an in-house FF rag, almost devoid of any redeeming feature, characterised mainly by Smartlad McBallsy's property-related drivel. A publication which should only be seen within the confines of a parrots cage with O'Dea's column facing upwards.
    Fianna Fail - The Loss of Sovereignty Party.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    None of them. It is an in-house FF rag, almost devoid of any redeeming feature, characterised mainly by Smartlad McBallsy's property-related drivel. A publication which should only be seen within the confines of a parrots cage with O'Dea's column facing upwards.

Agreed, leave it to Harris,OConnor,Larkin,Corcoran and O'Dea. Opposition TDs would only give it a facade of impartiality
    You'd think Kenny committed Treason and brought in IMF. Cowen had all in stitches in Galway at 3.30a.m.but he was "not impaired" -DD Power. FF=Publican páirtí an IMF.

Politics.ie Member Darren J. Prior's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is Willie O'Dea still writing for it? And they still don't have a FG and/or LP TD writing for it? I have stopped buying it on account of the editor publishing a despicable anti-Irish speaker letter as "Letter of the Week" recently.
    Blog | Youtube | Mixcloud | Podchraoltaí Gaeilge Near FM |
    #Think32 #Éire32 #Gaeilge #FreeEducation #PublicHealth #IRLdev #GlobalHealth #GlobalDev

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darren J. Prior View Post
    Is Willie O'Dea still writing for it? And they still don't have a FG and/or LP TD writing for it? I have stopped buying it on account of the editor publishing a despicable anti-Irish speaker letter as "Letter of the Week" recently.
    He is and every single article will simply be why the government is crap. It's an absolute joke. If Willie was someone with a record outside politics or someone who had great articles that weren't simply rants against the other side, then fair enough, but neither is the case.
    "Give us the future, we've had enough of YOUR past, Give us back our country, to live in, to grow in and to love..."