Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Note to Labour - No I won't pay for your claptrap.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Note to Labour - No I won't pay for your claptrap.

I work in the private sector. I employ people. I read every now and again about the Labour party and their sucking up to the public service unions in real Bertie style. I have no problem ploughing my taxes back into the country for everyones shared benefit. But. I have heard enough anecdotal evidence this summer of public servants holidays in the south of France or wherever to be rightly pissed off. I don't pay taxes to fund public servants jaunts to villas in the south of France in this time of "austerity". I don't mean the 'fat cats' I mean everyday public servants who claim to be really suffering because of a few cuts. I do not support the Croke Park deal and I will not pay for it. I find it disgusting that everyday public servants think they are entitled to thr same flights of fancy that Gilmore so readily attacks when it is FF politicians who enjoy a great old time at the expense of a broke country. Warning to Labour - I don't need to base my business here at all and I won't pay for FAS, Ivor Callely or the public service's expensive foreign holidays, no bloody way, not when my taxes should be going to regenerating the country. So Labour when you are going after the 'rich guys' remember what people who drive the economy are willing to pay for and what they are not and we are for the most part very able to move our business elsewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

tl;dr?
    If Labour enter government, he'll move his business out of the country unless they cut the salaries of public servants to such an extent that none of them can afford a holiday in the south of France. Or wherever.
    Nothing will motivate the lazy / apathetic / Americanised / west-British types to embrace their culture and the Irish language.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    tl;dr?
    If Labour enter government, he'll move his business out of the country unless they cut the salaries of public servants to such an extent that none of them can afford a holiday in the south of France. Or wherever.
    I'm not paying taxes for public servants to rent villas when the country is broke, why should I? Why should I pay for people who are on the dole drinks and fags either for that matter? You really think a bankrupt country should be paying for public servants holidays in the south of France?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought it was only the likes of Harney and McCreevy who holidayed in villas in the South of France but only in villas belonging to their business cronies. Mind you, those two would laughably call themselves public servants but the only thing "public" about the so-called service is the fact that the public must carry the astronomical costs these jokers generate.
    Fianna Fail - The Loss of Sovereignty Party.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JCR View Post
    I'm not paying taxes for public servants to rent villas when the country is broke, why should I? Why should I pay for people who are on the dole drinks and fags either for that matter? You really think a bankrupt country should be paying for public servants holidays in the south of France?
    How much does a holiday in the south of France cost?
    Nothing will motivate the lazy / apathetic / Americanised / west-British types to embrace their culture and the Irish language.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    I thought it was only the likes of Harney and McCreevy who holidayed in villas in the South of France but only in villas belonging to their business cronies. Mind you, those two would laughably call themselves public servants but the only thing "public" about the so-called service is the fact that the public must carry the astronomical costs these jokers generate.
    I think you will find that Irish 'public servants' so 'victimsed' by the 'austeristy cuts' are still enoying extravagent benefits of our taxes, and yes we are paying for 'ordinary' public servants to holiday in villas in the south of france. Imagine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think you will find that Irish 'public servants' so 'victimsed' by the 'austeristy cuts' are still enoying extravagent benefits of our taxes, and yes we are paying for 'ordinary' public servants to holiday in villas in the south of france. Imagine.
    Whatever about the cost of "villas", a holiday in France is probably cheaper than its equivalent at home.
    Fianna Fail - The Loss of Sovereignty Party.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pauli View Post
    Whatever about the cost of "villas", a holiday in France is probably cheaper than its equivalent at home.
    I agree that Irish pricing is absurd. Completely uncompetitive and absurd.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm a Public Servant....You're a TROLL....and that's all I've to say about that

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You are using the information you read in a Kevin Myers article, about a teacher who has a home in S of France.

How pathetic is that..
    Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast