Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Gildernew the failed Minister

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlue84 View Post
    Funny thing is she was interviewed on the grants issue on a NI news programme and was backed to the hilt by junior Paisley."Strange days indeed most peculier momma".

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idle tim View Post
    Funny thing is she was interviewed on the grants issue on a NI news programme and was backed to the hilt by junior Paisley."Strange days indeed most peculier momma".
    I loved the "nobody is really to blame" comments.

60-100 million fine and nobody is to blame?

She as Minister could be to blame, her senior civil servants could be to blame or the farmers could be to blame.

Fines dont appear out of thin air for doing things by the book.

It is more or less fraud and any benefit claimant caught out like this would be hauled through the courts

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I loved the "nobody is really to blame" comments.

60-100 million fine and nobody is to blame?

She as Minister could be to blame, her senior civil servants could be to blame or the farmers could be to blame.

Fines dont appear out of thin air for doing things by the book.

It is more or less fraud and any benefit claimant caught out like this would be hauled through the courts
    Agree with you 100% TrueBlue.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Judging by your thread title it looks like you've acted as judge & jury on that one. Presumably, you know all the facts on the matter thus enabling you to make an impartial judgement.

You go girl!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Domhnall View Post
    Judging by your thread title it looks like you've acted as judge & jury on that one. Presumably, you know all the facts on the matter thus enabling you to make an impartial judgement.

You go girl!
    3 epic failures and no action? Who is the Minister of that Department?

Mind you, "nobodies to blame".

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

From what I read the farming community in the six counties (not to mention officials in her department) thnk highly of her. And rightly so. As they are the people mos closely affected by her I suspect that she has in fact handled the many crises that afflict the farming community with considerable ability.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by factual View Post
    From what I read the farming community in the six counties (not to mention officials in her department) thnk highly of her. And rightly so. As they are the people mos closely affected by her I suspect that she has in fact handled the many crises that afflict the farming community with considerable ability.
    Yes, letting them fiddle their returns for years without comeback would make her quite popular I guess.

edit* dont worry the working populance shall pick up the tab for their fraudulent claims too

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by factual View Post
    She works hard for ALL the farming community, and this gets up the (Blue) noses of the likes of "The impartial Mr,. True blue from loyalist Tyrone. Oh and b4 there's a canary, the "Blue nose is just a JOKE , ok !!!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blanchinner View Post
    She works hard for ALL the farming community, and this gets up the (Blue) noses of the likes of "The impartial Mr,. True blue from loyalist Tyrone. Oh and b4 there's a canary, the "Blue nose is just a JOKE , ok !!!
    Allegedy works for all the community. I know protestant farmers that know differently. However shall refrain from posting allegations without proof

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast