Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Arrest warrant for Wikileaks founder on charges of rape issued then cancelled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Arrest warrant for Wikileaks founder on charges of rape issued then cancelled

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Arrest warrant issued for Wikileaks founder on charges of rape

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange accused of rape

Swedish authorities say they have issued an arrest warrant for Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, on accusations of rape and molestation.
    BBC News - Wikileaks founder Julian Assange accused of rape

Certainly interesting timing, I think we can expect the conspiracy nuts to be out in force over this.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sync View Post

Certainly interesting timing, I think we can expect the conspiracy nuts to be out in force over this.
    He played with fire. Don't f&k with the military!
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Too early to say what is going on. Could indeed be genuine, but it's not as if we live in a world where states play by the rules. Just ask Colin Wallace.
    Mehhh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You don't think conspiracies happen?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Of course they occur. That doesn't mean that most conspiracy nuts aren't lunatics who should be in residential care somewhere warm and safe.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So, this guy knows the world's spooks are chasing him down and will do anything to shut him up, so he goes and rapes somebody.

Loonie leftie indeed.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mothball View Post
    Too early to say what is going on. Could indeed be genuine, but it's not as if we live in a world where states play by the rules. Just ask Colin Wallace.
    Could be genuine, could be fake, could be made up to discredit him, could be genuine but dug up to discredit him, could be made up just to tap into the fact that he's in the news, could be reported by the women because he's in the news. Two things are certain, though - that the timing is convenient for people who'd like to see him discredited, and that the internet will make or break this story.
    Never let the best be the enemy of the good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well we'll see how it goes. I'm not sure why people are so quick to prejudge the case. Sweden's got some of the most liberal media laws in the world, so I'm sure more facts will emerge pretty quickly.

Suspecting a conspiracy straight off on any matter does not in itself make one a conspiracy nut.

Suspecting and trying to prove the same conspiracy 10 or 40 years later in the face of overwhelming proof to the contrary is the nutty bit.
    Redacted.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast