Follow @PoliticsIE

View Poll Results: Where should Brian Cowen have been ranked by Newsweek

Voters
63. You must be logged in to vote on this poll. Please login or register.
  • Higher. Who even knows where China is?

29 46.03%
  • They got it just right

9 14.29%
  • 6th

25 39.68%
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Cowen ranked 5th in world leaders: NewsWeek

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Brian Cowen ranked 5th in world leaders: NewsWeek

The Fiscal Taskmaster: Brian Cowen - Newsweek

So take THAT Lula Da Silva. Jiabao, 2011 and you're going down my Chinese friend.

And the worst thing is that we just don't appreciate him

But the Irish aren't showing much gratitude
    Fun article, reads like something a junior high student who's just read a copy of the Economist on one particular week would come up with.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Prime Minister Brian Cowen and his able finance minister, Brian Lenihan, are prescribing harsh medicine.
    I need to go wash my eyes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Holy Jesus on a rope in Sion. This is like an alternate universe. Is the author in FF? This'll make nice reading in the lodge in the park this morning.
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Look he's respected and beloved by the international community. He's like Christopher Columbus or Michael Flatley. Not appreciated at home, yet an international hero. Ban Ki Moon had better watch his step or a young, fresh candidate may just surprise him.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Somewhere up in the Wicklow mountains digging an even deeper nuclear shelter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh boy, I can't wait to see the abuse this one is gonna get
    If you continue to elect idiots in elections, don't be surprised when the result is an idiotic government.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When is the world's most respected leader going to start administering this harsh medicine to actually reduce the deficit instead of blowing it to above 20% GDP? The prescription was written by Colm McCarthy, which when combined with a bit of tough love for the banks, might see us stabilise in time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Congalltee View Post
    When is the world's most respected leader going to start administering this harsh medicine to actually reduce the deficit instead of blowing it to above 20% GDP? The prescription was written by Colm McCarthy, which when combined with a bit of tough love for the banks, might see us stabilise in time.
    'In time', for 2012?
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Congalltee View Post
    It's on the agenda for the 2012 govt. You just need to give him 5 more years.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

NewsTalk did a vox pop and only 2 people were positive about Cowen. One of them sounded drunk and said that Cowen "can't help his appearance".

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast