Follow @PoliticsIE
 
 
 
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 89

Thread: Alternative Solution to the NI issue

  1. #1
    Politics.ie Member fluffykontbiscuits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    7,140
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default Alternative Solution to the NI issue

    How about this.

    Ulster becomes a seperate entity in itself with a self governing legislature . The British government gives them a parachute payment of a few billion (they own it they can give them the money) and the new country can begin issuing their own passports. All armies are withdrawn and they can use the Euro in line with the vast majority of the EU. People are entitled to dual nationality or even create a special passport in itself for the residents of the country. Languages are declared to be English,Irish and Ulster Scots with perhaps a new language being created to cross the cultural divide.

    Feel free to punch holes in the idea but I think its worth it....As Carlsberg says ....

  2. #2
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Poblacht na h…ireann
    Posts
    448
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Firstly Ulster has nine counties (not six). Secondly, everyone in the Six Occupied Counties is opposed to the EU and the Euro. Thirdly, we are not dual nationals. We are Irish. We are from Ireland.

    Your absolutely idiotic idea will only prolong guerilla warfare.
    "I hereby declare that the Continuity Executive and the Continuity Army Council are the lawful Executive and Army Council respectively of the Irish Republican Army, and that the governmental authority, delegated in the Proclamation of 1938, now resides in the Continuity Army Council, and its lawful successors."

    Comdt. General Thomas Maguire

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Politics.ie Member Cruimh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    County Londonderry
    Posts
    35,456
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risteard View Post
    Secondly, everyone in the Six Occupied Counties is opposed to the EU and the Euro.
    Double Cobblers!

  5. #5
    Politics.ie Member Fir Bolg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    …ire
    Posts
    810
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fluffykontbiscuits View Post
    How about this.

    Ulster becomes a seperate entity in itself with a self governing legislature . The British government gives them a parachute payment of a few billion (they own it they can give them the money) and the new country can begin issuing their own passports. All armies are withdrawn and they can use the Euro in line with the vast majority of the EU. People are entitled to dual nationality or even create a special passport in itself for the residents of the country. Languages are declared to be English,Irish and Ulster Scots with perhaps a new language being created to cross the cultural divide.

    Feel free to punch holes in the idea but I think its worth it....As Carlsberg says ....
    Are you 14? Looking forward to 3rd year?

  6. #6
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    At the right hand
    Posts
    2,525
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risteard View Post
    Firstly Ulster has nine counties (not six). ..
    Wouldn't that be great though. Do this and then have a referendum on Unity and hey presto.

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Politics.ie Member fluffykontbiscuits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    7,140
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risteard View Post
    Firstly Ulster has nine counties (not six). Secondly, everyone in the Six Occupied Counties is opposed to the EU and the Euro. Thirdly, we are not dual nationals. We are Irish. We are from Ireland.

    Your absolutely idiotic idea will only prolong guerilla warfare.
    Guerilla warfare would only continue unless people like you soften your attitude and take some sort of pro active approach. To me you are not Irish, you're dual citizens, if you identify as being Irish thats your decision, I think you will find I can call you both as you are legally entitled to both nationalities. Love the way you call it occupied, adds some sort of romanticism to the whole idea does it? Lets be honest if everyone washed their hands of it and left it to yourselves you would all be forced to stop playing charades and start talking ? Yeah?

  9. #9
    Politics.ie Member fluffykontbiscuits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    7,140
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fir Bolg View Post
    Are you 14? Looking forward to 3rd year?
    Well lets go back to discussing the current situation and bitch like a gang of blue rinsers in a bingo hall then. Im trying to look outside the box mate.....

  10. #10
    Politics.ie Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,232
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    Default

    As Merle said calls for seperation from Westminister even if they dont involve ending partition from the PUL community must be taken seriously and engaged with by Republicans....It is a huge step in the right direction.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •