Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If you cant beat them join them...

Politics.ie Member fluffykontbiscuits's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default If you cant beat them join them...

For a long while now I have advocated having a joint Orange/Green parade on July 12th in which the lodges can play their music and march and the Nationalists march along side them. Lets tear down the barriers and join in the party. Screw the riots, screw the violence lets just turn it into one big bloody session. The nationalists could have tricolours, statues of St Patrick etc. whatever they feel is appropriate to represent them.As Carlsberg said, where is there is option a and b, there is always option C.....

Considering the state some of posters got into over the Swatragh GAA helping the local CoI parish i doubt this will go down well.

Politics.ie Member former wesleyan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fluffykontbiscuits View Post
    For a long while now I have advocated having a joint Orange/Green parade on July 12th in which the lodges can play their music and march and the Nationalists march along side them. Lets tear down the barriers and join in the party. Screw the riots, screw the violence lets just turn it into one big bloody session. The nationalists could have tricolours, statues of St Patrick etc. whatever they feel is appropriate to represent them.As Carlsberg said, where is there is option a and b, there is always option C.....
    Hear hear ! I've always thought that half a dozen Lambeg drummers across the pitch at Ireland - All Black games would neutralise that Haka rubbish. The AOH could dig out and dust off their old Lambegs.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Billy Connolly did a routine about joining in on the march many years ago..brilliant.
    Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiogenes View Post
    Billy Connolly did a routine about joining in on the march many years ago..brilliant.
    Would have preferred James Connolly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fluffykontbiscuits View Post
    A few little problems, doesn't the Orange Order rules* forbid membership of Catholics and therefore cannot participate with them in their marches? Do you also expect the nationalists of the Falls, Bogside etc to cheer on flute bands and banners carrying the insignia of the UVF, UFF, LVF etc who murdered family members, friends, relations etc ? I see your also from Dublin, I suppose you had no objection to the 'LoveUlster' parade carrying photos of loyalist killers, one of whom was named as being invovled in the Dublin bombings 1974 ?

Where the f*** do they get idiots like you ?? God knows I cann't blame nationalists from the six counties getting p!ssed off with the " Free Staters " at times

*Constitution, Laws and Ordinances of the Loyal Orange Institution of Ireland" (1967) state, "No person who at any time has been a Roman Catholic … shall be admitted into the Institution"

Politics.ie Member fluffykontbiscuits's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlabMurphy View Post
    A few little problems, doesn't the Orange Order rules* forbid membership of Catholics and therefore cannot participate with them in their marches? Do you also expect the nationalists of the Falls, Bogside etc to cheer on flute bands and banners carrying the insignia of the UVF, UFF, LVF etc who murdered family members, friends, relations etc ? I see your also from Dublin, I suppose you had no objection to the 'LoveUlster' parade carrying photos of loyalist killers, one of whom was named as being invovled in the Dublin bombings 1974 ?

Where the f*** do they get idiots like you ?? God knows I cann't blame nationalists from the six counties getting p!ssed off with the " Free Staters " at times

*Constitution, Laws and Ordinances of the Loyal Orange Institution of Ireland" (1967) state, "No person who at any time has been a Roman Catholic … shall be admitted into the Institution"

Where did I say we join an orange lodge, re read what I posted will you before making ill judged comments. If you keep up this tit for tat rubbish with "he said this,she said that", that sounds like something that would go on in the playground. Put your hatred behind you ...

“When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.”

Hugs mate

Politics.ie Member British Citizen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SlabMurphy View Post

Was he ever arrested, charged or convicted??

Sinn Fein revisionism and black propaganda at it's best.....

Politics.ie Member kerdasi amaq's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think I'd prefer it if they did their marching in Scotland, or better yet, Holland!
    We have got as much as we are going to get out of Europe; it is, now, time to leave!
    EUROPA CONVENTUS DELENDA EST!...Whistle out the marching tune.....27

Politics.ie Member former wesleyan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by British Citizen View Post
    Was he ever arrested, charged or convicted??
    Remind me again how Unionism got around that wee problem... ah yes... internment...... that was it.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast