Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 183,000 to store e-voting machines

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 183,000 to store e-voting machines

€183,000 to store e-voting machines - The Irish Times - Sat, Aug 07, 2010

Now I know Gormley says he's scrapping them...but the commitee is deliberating for 12 months now...any news???
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    €183,000 to store e-voting machines - The Irish Times - Sat, Aug 07, 2010

Now I know Gormley says he's scrapping them...but the commitee is deliberating for 12 months now...any news???

Word is that they're waiting until the Poolbeg incinerator opens so the machines can be disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner.
    Founded in 2003, Politics.ie has one of the most engaged, respected and influential politics and current affairs communities.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    Word is that they're waiting until the Poolbeg incinerator opens so the machines can be disposed of in an environmentally friendly manner.

opps..they may be waiting so...if Gormley has owt to do with it!!!
    When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Simple : whoever authorised this gross waste of should be fired!

That 183,000 = about 4 well paid nurses!

It's just idiotic !!

Yeah, after two Commissions on EV (both of which concluded the systems were utter rubbish) and 1.5 years of a 'Task Force' , we're still paying for the pieces of shyte.

Some fecking task force that. It would drive you to the drink ...
    Redacted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

QUOTE.....The most expensive lease, for a premises in Co Kerry, cost the State 30,387 last year and is not due to expire for another three years. Rent on a premises in the Cavan-Monaghan area cost 21,754 and is due to expire in 2029.
    Other high-cost leases of up to almost 28,000 have renewal periods of just six months, and one lease, which cost 25,277 in 2009, is renewable on a monthly basis. These are expected to be still in place by the end of this year........END QUOTE

.....and one lease, which cost 25,277 in 2009, is renewable on a monthly basis.....

Oh GOOD JAYS*S....!!I'll store them in my shed for 1,000 a month!!....actually I'd put them in my bedroom for that...me and spidey dad will sleep in the shed...

ALBERT EINSTEIN

GDPR Deleted
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lets do some good with them.

I say give them to some country that has nothing to be upset about.

Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post

They can't do any good. Maybe 15 years ago some colleges could have used the processor boards as training hardware for learning the fundamentals of digital processing, memory, interrups, I/O and all the rest.

But they really are such old technology, they're not even good for that.

The sheet steel in the cabinets might be worth a quid or two. Otherwise they are scrap.
    Redacted.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    183,000 to store e-voting machines - The Irish Times - Sat, Aug 07, 2010

It would be very interesting to know who we are paying to house these dud machines???

It would also be interesting to know, IF gormley has re-negotiated these leases, due to the property crash???

A great place to house these would be put them into all the property that is in NAMA.......no charge!!!
    The hurt of one is the hurt of all, the honour of one is the honour of all.

Native American Indian Traditional Code of Ethics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post

Andorra - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe...nice health system BTW...Primary care team for every 8000 people!!...nice!!

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast