Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Not 'Not Paddy Kelly's car' seized by bailiffs at request of ACC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Not 'Not Paddy Kelly's car' seized by bailiffs at request of ACC

Is nothing safe?

ACC BANK has seized a BMW saloon car from the Donnybrook home of developer Paddy Kelly.

Bailiffs acting on foot of a warrant to the Dublin city Sheriff’s Office took the seven-year-old 7 Series yesterday.

The car was featured in an article in The Irish Times last month when Mr Kelly spent a day with Irish Times assistant editor Fintan O’Toole travelling to developments around Dublin and its environs.

Mr Kelly, who owes various banks €350 million, was unapologetic in the article about the extent of his debts.

Two weeks ago he appeared at the MacGill summer school in Co Donegal, where he once again seemed apparently untroubled by his borrowings and drank champagne conspicuously while joking about the car and his lifestyle.

Mr Kelly said yesterday that the car, which was seized without warning when Mr Kelly was not in the house, belonged to his wife, and had been taken unlawfully.

Luxury car seized at home of developer Paddy Kelly - The Irish Times - Fri, Aug 06, 2010

This will run and run.
    Last edited by He3; 22nd December 2010 at 02:47 PM.
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did the car belong to his wife or did he put it in the wife's name to try and stop creditor's taking it?

What's a 7 yo Beamer worth ? 12K maybe ?

A bit to go yet.
    Redacted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The moral is, do not give Fintan O'Toole a lift.
    "It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Meh. Pay your debts or pay the consequences.
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by He3 View Post
    Is nothing safe?

ACC BANK has seized a BMW saloon car from the Donnybrook home of developer Paddy Kelly.

Bailiffs acting on foot of a warrant to the Dublin city Sheriff’s Office took the seven-year-old 7 Series yesterday.

The car was featured in an article in The Irish Times last month when Mr Kelly spent a day with Irish Times assistant editor Fintan O’Toole travelling to developments around Dublin and its environs.

Mr Kelly, who owes various banks €350 million, was unapologetic in the article about the extent of his debts.

Two weeks ago he appeared at the MacGill summer school in Co Donegal, where he once again seemed apparently untroubled by his borrowings and drank champagne conspicuously while joking about the car and his lifestyle.

Mr Kelly said yesterday that the car, which was seized without warning when Mr Kelly was not in the house, belonged to his wife, and had been taken unlawfully.

Luxury car seized at home of developer Paddy Kelly - The Irish Times - Fri, Aug 06, 2010

This will run and run.
    They must have thought that the car was in his name. Do they really think he'd be that stupid ?

Mr Kelly said he had never owned the car and that the sheriff’s office had evidence the car was in his wife’s name prior to seizing it. Last month Mr Kelly told The Irish Times that he had bought the car in 2003 for €139,000. . . .
    I wonder why he didn't give Dempsey a lift ?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by EvotingMachine0197 View Post
    What's a 7 yo Beamer worth ? 12K maybe ?

A bit to go yet.
    about that, maybe 18 at most.

you could shop around online and get one cheap enough, you'd be amazed how quickly cars depreciate , especially the swa nky ones.

on the wife thing as far as i know theres nothing stopping him flogging it to her for a quid so it could be on the level.

either way it shows how hard the NON irish banks are playing with these guys. i'd swear there was another story today about ulster bank but for the life of me its gone right out of my head.

guess this shows why everyone delt with anglo or the big two.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by He3 View Post
    The moral is, do not give Fintan O'Toole a lift.
    Haha I read that article and thought
    It wouldn't be too long.
    Flash a-ah - King of the impossible

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by constitutionus View Post
    about that, maybe 18 at most.

you could shop around online and get one cheap enough, you'd be amazed how quickly cars depreciate , especially the swa nky ones.

on the wife thing as far as i know theres nothing stopping him flogging it to her for a quid so it could be on the level.

either way it shows how hard the NON irish banks are playing with these guys. i'd swear there was another story today about ulster bank but for the life of me its gone right out of my head.

BMW 7 Series 730d ***Reduced from ?18950*** - €15,950 (13,317) - Used Cars on Autotrader.ie - New & Used Cars in Ireland

€15500. Who the hell boasts about having a 7 year old BMW?
    I'm living in America, and in America, you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now f***ing pay me.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by constitutionus View Post

The foreign banks would love to have got the deal that the Irish banks got through NAMA. They weren't offered the deal and they are acting accordingly. Its got nothing to do with the ethos of the given bank. ACC isn't a great white knight. It is simply acting in its own self interest in the face of not being offered entry to NAMA, in the same sense that the Irish banks are acting in their own self interest in the face of being offered entry to NAMA.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast