Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Marian Finucane: "Everyone thought I was mad"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Marian Finucane: "Everyone thought I was mad"

No but you'll appreciate everyone else going mad when they see your brazen expecting attitude...

Why is this woman being paid a half-a-million-plus salary? She's on air for approx. 4 hours a week. Seriously is there anyone out there that can justify this on any conceivable level? If so, please step forward...

'Everyone thought I was mad' - The Irish Times - Sat, Jul 31, 2010
    Last edited by CookieMonster; 3rd August 2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Added to title name so posters know who the thread is about.
    Where, after all, is the Muslim outrage at these events? As their ancient, deeply civilized culture of love, art and philosophical reflection is hijacked by paranoiacs, racists, liars, male supremacists, tyrants, fanatics and violence junkies, why are they not screaming? Salman Rushdie (2002)

Politics.ie Member Disillusioned democrat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jtbooker View Post
    No but you'll appreciate everyone else going mad when they see your brazen expecting attitude...

Why is this woman being paid a half-a-million-plus salary? She's on air for approx. 4 hours a week. Seriously is there anyone out there that can justify this on any conceivable level? If so, please step forward...

'Everyone thought I was mad' - The Irish Times - Sat, Jul 31, 2010
    She's from a different planet - I heard her comments about Gerry Ryan and they were so completely self absorbed it was unbelievable. RTE's "talent" have lived in a protectorate for years - public sector conditions on top bankers salaries. There is NO competition in the Irish radio market place, so RTE can't justify the salaries. Yet another reason to think TV license fee a complete waste of money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As Tommy Mor said elsewhere, see how they fare out on the open market. I particularly love the absolute clanger of a line in which she plumbs the intellectual depths with

“And anyway – why shouldn’t the girls get it if the boys are getting it?”
    Where, after all, is the Muslim outrage at these events? As their ancient, deeply civilized culture of love, art and philosophical reflection is hijacked by paranoiacs, racists, liars, male supremacists, tyrants, fanatics and violence junkies, why are they not screaming? Salman Rushdie (2002)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interesting her hand-wringing - it's the Agent who does the dirty work and not me!

Marian Finucane - je ne regrette rien - boards.ie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Don't frighten the horses.

Nearly 10 grand a week for four hours of wishy washy, uninformed, mediocre primetime radio? For RTE it's just the thing to placate Fianna Fail and keep the people snoozin' while they take a brusin'
    Are we a nation, or are we just an economy in thrall to international private banking?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is not only unjustifiable, it is incomprehensible.

Her interview technique is to huff and puff her way through while forgetting names, pausing inconsistently, clearing her throat repeatedly, and generally sounding like a gasping frog with tetanus uttering its last word while her depth of knowledge mirrors the the shallow pond in which she lives and shares with fellow Aaarrrr. T.E pond scum like tuberidy.

imo.

Spoke to Marian Finucane briefly live on RTE1 radio back in 1997. Wasn't paid a cent for my very valuable contribution.
    Also featured on Pat Kenny's radio show, spoke to Ray Darcy, Carrie Crowley, Anne Doyle and a few others in later years.
    All about Elvis Presley.
    RTE did not want to know about my Ludwig Van Beethoven rare portrait story although it appeared in the press.
    My Kate bush letter story goes unpublished too!

Any journalists prowling?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if someone paid the gift grub lads a tenth of her wage to impersonate her on her show would any of us know the difference ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RTE can, they have that glorified protection racket called the "Licence". Any new party forming out there should have the ending of this piece of extortion as policy. I think that would see a few hundred thousand votes into the bag.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Marian Finucane? The replacement for
    Pat Kenny when he took broadcasting leave to go to RTÉ from DIT?

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast