Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Bertie Ahern: can you please go and commit suicide ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Bertie Ahern: can you please go and commit suicide ?

In July 2007 Bertie (typically) savaged people who expressed doubt about the economy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfjGSfuSQpA]YouTube - I don't know how people who engage in that don't commit suicide - Bertie Ahern[/ame]
    'Sitting on the sidelines, cribbing and moaning is a lost opportunity. I don't know how people who engage in that don't commit suicide because frankly the only thing that motivates me is being able to actively change something,'

Since then Bertie has had to resign in disgrace amidst tribunal revelations that were extremely expensive to get out of him. It has also become absolutely clear that his critics were right, and the man with the pretend degrees from LSE & UCD, presided over some of the worst economic mismanagement in the Western World.

Now Bertie, you are stuck on the sidelines, costing us a fortune each year - your reputation is ruined - why don't you go and do the honourable thing ?

cYp
    "Yawn , am I alive yet ?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The gas thing is that a lot of the owl ones still think he's great. My grandmother kisses her bus pass and says 'God bless Charlie' on a regular basis. People of her generation actually think that Haughey was entitled to do what he did and something tells me Bertie will be given the same treatment.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

He's changed his tune since then

“cynics and knockers, people who always see the glass as half empty. I can’t understand people who are always bitching, saying ‘It’s the Government’s fault, it’s the doctor’s fault, it’s the cat’s fault.’ It’s everybody’s fault except their own."

“I don’t know why they wouldn’t go out and dig the garden or grow bluebells or do something useful! I like doers – people who paint their house, bake, work, whatever,”

He'd rather grow bluebells, paint his house bake or work.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...259709843.html
    Flash a-ah - King of the impossible

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by seanmacc View Post
    The gas thing is that a lot of the owl ones still think he's great. My grandmother kisses her bus pass and says 'God bless Charlie' on a regular basis. People of her generation actually think that Haughey was entitled to do what he did and something tells me Bertie will be given the same treatment.
    i think there is admiration for them for actually NEARLY getting away with it! thank heavens "younger" people have demanded accountabilty!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electoralshock View Post
    i think there is admiration for them for actually NEARLY getting away with it! thank heavens "younger" people have demanded accountabilty!
    I don't know about that.

Bertie "Howya Girls" Ahern
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNbVAcjohhU"]YouTube - Jedward Crave turned into Bertie Ahern Crave![/ame]
    Flash a-ah - King of the impossible

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nothing new in that ,the welfare state creates political vote buying off the next generation back.
    A champion of the people emerges with the age-old and appealing promise of "something for nothing" - to be financed through every-increasing taxes. Supply and demand are thrown out of gear - the overhead goes up; the effective use of human energy goes down; the standard of living is lowered because money cannot buy wealth that is not produced.

WEAVER, HENRY GRADY,

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post
    In July 2007 Bertie (typically) savaged people who expressed doubt about the economy

YouTube - I don't know how people who engage in that don't commit suicide - Bertie Ahern
    'Sitting on the sidelines, cribbing and moaning is a lost opportunity. I don't know how people who engage in that don't commit suicide because frankly the only thing that motivates me is being able to actively change something,'

Since then Bertie has had to resign in disgrace amidst tribunal revelations that were extremely expensive to get out of him. It has also become absolutely clear that his critics were right, and the man with the pretend degrees from LSE & UCD, presided over some of the worst economic mismanagement in the Western World.

Now Bertie, you are stuck on the sidelines, costing us a fortune each year - your reputation is ruined - why don't you go and do the honourable thing ?

cYp
    Funny enough, I saw a similar thread been closed down when Bertie made that speech. I guess the forum standards move with whatever the mood in the media is.

Personally, I don't want Ahern to be a martyr for FF. As for Eoghan Harris though...

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberianpan View Post

cYp
    I despise b ahern and all that he stands for....however, I find the title of this thread and the above, deeply uncomfortable and crossing a line.
    The hurt of one is the hurt of all, the honour of one is the honour of all.

Native American Indian Traditional Code of Ethics

Politics.ie Member Goldencircle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

People of her generation actually think that Haughey was entitled to do what he did and something tells me Bertie will be given the same treatment.

Wrong
    Its either Corruption or Stupidity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Newsy View Post
    I despise b ahern and all that he stands for....however, I find the title of this thread and the above, deeply uncomfortable and crossing a line.
    That line was crossed a long time ago, by one B. Ahern.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast