Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 89 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Ivor Callely is suspended by FF and multiple inquiries launched into his expenses

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ivor Callely is suspended by FF and multiple inquiries launched into his expenses

Maybe it's the cynic in me , but I suspect there is something hot on today's " Oirish " Mail on Sunday. I haven't seen it , but both " It says in the papers " and the Marian Finnucane show skipped over the coverage by simply naming Callelly and the word " expenses ". I'd say the fear of legal action might have prevented them going any further. For God's sake , let no one here walk this site into trouble by repeating whatever is on it. I couldn't bring myself to buy that paper and haven't been near anyplace where I might sneak a view.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is this any help?

The knives are out. Seems to keep the focus off Lendahand and his tubby boss who "does it his way"....

Ex-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm shocked and stunned! Not! Why did it take a bloody English newspaper to break this story? That's what I'd like to know. Thanks for the link Greengoose.

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm neither shocked nor stunned.

Seriously, is any one actually surpised by this?

Looks like it might be solid.. I know its the mail and all...

Politics.ie Member rockofcashel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
    I'm shocked and stunned! Not! Why did it take a bloody English newspaper to break this story? That's what I'd like to know. Thanks for the link Greengoose.
    This is why most of the political class hate the Daily Mail. For all its faults regarding it's political ideology, it's not afraid to cut right to the bone regarding stories. Well done to it.

It might be worth remembering here, that this would have been known at the very least during the investigation into Callely, but yet he still remains a member of Fianna Fáil.

Why ?
    1,197 people agree with me.. how many agree with you ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh oh Senator. There's a fat lady warming up her vocal cords.

(No cheap shots here about my former leader!)

Is there a way of impeaching a sitting Senator or TD?
    "A govt big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson

Politics.ie Newbie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Did Bertie check up every tree in North Dublin when he appointed this guy?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

the thingw itht he irish daily mail, is that in common with most start ups it has to do something different to what the exisiting players in the market are doing, and the IDS certainly does that.
    "Sometimes the best thing a government can do is simply get out of the way"-Vince Cable

Ex-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder what an investigation including all deputies' expense claims would unveil? Apart from enriching another shower of lawyers I mean, or another set of well placed and pleased hacks? I hate that man. I hate all thieves. And liars. And hypocrites. When I think of the work.......never mind..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I reckon Clowen is just loving waking up to this ..... just when the FF spin machine was going into overdrive on the economy turning the corner and the 'lets all be positive' vibes and then we have Ivor undoing all their best efforts.....if i was in FG or Labour etc...i would try to leave him where he is........

Page 1 of 89 123451151 ... LastLast