Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sindo issues clarification on last week's front page on O'Flynn, Nama, FG

Politics.ie Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Sindo issues clarification on last week's front page on O'Flynn, Nama, FG

Last week a thread on Politics.ie referred to a front page story in the Sunday Independent that mentioned the presence of a number of organisations and individuals at a Fine Gael fundraiser two weeks ago (the thread was titled: http://www.politics.ie/media/133955-...anna-fail.html).

On page 3 of tomorrow's Sunday Independent the paper has issued a clarification about the primary target of the article, namely O'Flynn Construction.

We have also been asked to clarify that the transfer to Nama of some of the loans of the O'Flynn Group was of matter of law that was decided by the Oireachtas, that the decision to transfer did not involve Mr O'Flynn, that any loans due to Mr O'Flynn or any company of which he is a director continue to fall due and that no taxpayers monies have gone to him or to any such company.

Part of clarificaion by The Sunday Independent
    I understand that solicitors for Michael O'Flynn have corresponded with the Sunday Independent which has resulted in this clarification being published.

I've also established through reliable sources that O'Flynn's solicitors have corresponded with Lucinda Creighton herself as a result of her remarks this week which were a direct result of the Sunday Independent article. Earlier this week Lucinda Creighton criticised her own party for accepting the donation from O'Flynn, when asked by Gavin Jennings on Radio 1 should the party give it back, she said yes. (http://www.politics.ie/fine-gael/134...-politics.html)

Meanwhile the Sunday Business Post's AOB column says that Arthur Cox did not sponsor the event (which is what the Sindo is said to have reported). Fine Gael told the SBPost that it was a "clerical error".
    Last edited by David Cochrane; 25th July 2010 at 03:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

classic sindo. damage probaly done now. typical of the cheap journalism to be expected from that particular rag.
    "no longer shall our children, like our cattle be brought up for export"

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The most depressing thing for me and I think many others , was Endas insistence that it wasnt 'illegal' .

Thats not the point you fool !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBird View Post
    The most depressing thing for me and I think many others , was Endas insistence that it wasnt 'illegal' .

Here here, morality is one of many things our political class lack.
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I notce the Sindo has not the "clarification"on it's front page.
    You'd think Kenny committed Treason and brought in IMF. Cowen had all in stitches in Galway at 3.30a.m.but he was "not impaired" -DD Power. FF=Publican páirtí an IMF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBird View Post

Ya have to agree with. FG are looking more and more like fianna scum every day.
    Einstein, disguised as Robin Hood,With his memories in a trunk
    Passed this way an hour ago,With his friend, a jealous monk

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas Mor View Post
    I notce the Sindo has not the "clarification"on it's front page.
    Surprise Surprise

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    Here here, morality is one of many things our political class lack.
    Hope they are better at the spelling Hear Hear!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells View Post
    Thats some leap of faith. One person pays FG to play a round of golf and now they are the same as FF who have, bankrupted the country (again), let all their friends off the financial hook at the expense of the taxpayers, ignored all advice to impose a guarantee which will pauper us for generations, fuel a building bubble just to enrich their friends and party coffers???!!! Don't talk rubbish.

Certainly, FG shouldn't have invited O'Flynn to the golf classic or taken his money. But, there is a very big difference between that and FF!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hellsbells View Post
    The word scum should in my view be banned from this site.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast