Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Irish Nationalism.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Irish Nationalism.net

Bloody Hell! Someone emailed this link this morning. At first I thought just another rebel site, but snap my britches, these lot are seriously deranged. Some weird mix of uber Roman Catholicism, anti-Protestant, ultra right wing nationalism and psychotic anti-Britishness. They must be the loneliest nazis around

Irish Nationalist Community - The Front Page

so my question is: who one this forum is posting racist drivel over there? own up...
    What have British in Ireland contributed to Ireland? Nothing of the scale that the Irish have contributed to Britain. - Runswithwind.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The anti-British attitude is a bit silly alright. The reasoning of the anti-Brit crowd seems to be thus:

When Ireland was part of Britain, British people did bad things to each other therefore, we Irish people who are no longer British, should hate everything that is modern day Britain (people, state, culture).

How silly.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

To be honest, the hate isn't really restricted to any one group.

It's much worse than this if you consider that this is only showing Dublin's main thoroughfares (from between Henry St / O'Connell St and Stephens Green).

Take that camera up one of the ****************************** or Asian ghettos in Parnell Street, or around by Mountjoy Square and Gardener Street and beyond out towards Phibsborough and the North Circular Road and you'll see how bad it gets. You'll be hard pressed to find an Irish person in some of those kips.
    Even Southern Irish don't even get a pass:
    I will say that I have less problems, however, with the muslims than i do with alot of the irish youth, with tattoos and piercings all over and blue dyed hair. I've never seen a more radical generation gap than the one i see in Ireland between my father's old farming country folk and their sons and daughters who ape the worst excess of British and American "culture." In that cesspool to see a girl wearing a headscarf doesn't bother me in the least, at least she'd dressed with a bit of modestly and decency, something our own seem to have completely forgotten.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canis View Post
    The anti-British attitude is a bit silly alright. The reasoning of the anti-Brit crowd seems to be thus:

When Ireland was part of Britain, British people did bad things to each other therefore, we Irish people who are no longer British, should hate everything that is modern day Britain (people, state, culture).

How silly.
    Ireland was never part of Britain, and Irish people were never British.

Ireland was part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. Irish people were Irish and UK citizens, British people were British and UK citizens.

Same applies to Northern Ireland. The people are Irish and UK citizens, but not British.

Quote Originally Posted by Schomberg View Post
    Bloody Hell! Someone emailed this link this morning. At first I thought just another rebel site, but snap my britches, these lot are seriously deranged. Some weird mix of uber Roman Catholicism, anti-Protestant, ultra right wing nationalism and psychotic anti-Britishness. They must be the loneliest nazis around

so my question is: who one this forum is posting racist drivel over there? own up...
    How sad and tragic.Maybe you could go and hold hands with them?They just need to be reconciled with their uber brit cousins.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Schomberg View Post

Im glad you came across that site....now maybe you should join irishrepublicanism.net and by comparing the two learn the difference between Irish Republicanism and Irish Roman Catholic nationalism.

They are the type of scum that Irish Republicans battered off the streets in the 30s before going on to fill them with lead in Spain.

They arent "rebels".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

The ghost of D.P. Moran whistles through the interweb ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A sicking site!!!!

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roll_On View Post
    Ireland was never part of Britain, and Irish people were never British.

Ireland was part of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland. Irish people were Irish and UK citizens, British people were British and UK citizens.

Same applies to Northern Ireland. The people are Irish and UK citizens, but not British.
    If you are going to be pedantic you should ensure the veracity of your pedantry.

All of Ireland was once part of the political entity referred to as "Britain" and thus all Irish people were, politically speaking, British.

I am sick and tired of ignorant people parroting your unfounded claim. And FYI, at least some Northerners explicitly refer to themselves as "British".

I wonder, are you familiar with the term, "British Isles"? Now it is a geographic term, but was it always?

Edit:

How many Irish people are referred to as British in pre-mid-twentieth century literature? How many Irish people from the pre-mid-twentieth century are still called British in modern literature?

Idiot.
    Last edited by Canis; 24th July 2010 at 08:49 PM.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

British Embassy in Ireland <---- SHOCK/HORROR

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...t_bio_page.jpg <---- EVEN GREATER SHOCK/HORROR (look at entry for 'nationality')
    Last edited by Canis; 24th July 2010 at 09:14 PM.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast