Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Peter Hart dies.

Politics.ie Member former wesleyan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Peter Hart dies.

I imagine the Aubane Historical Society will be relieved. Or even delighted.
    Modern Irish history writer dies, aged 46 - The Irish Times - Sat, Jul 24, 2010

Politics.ie Member merle haggard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Alas in the Peter Hart school of history joining the choir invisible does not preclude one from being able to actively rebut an hisotrical account of anything. I dare say he'll be interviewing his sources as we speak .

Politics.ie Royalty toxic avenger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

God Rest him. I saw him speak at UCC once, about 9 years ago, I thought the locals who came to listen would lynch him, they were massively hostile. His approach was massively flawed, he essentially equated attacks on unionists or informers with sectarianism, which is simply untrue (not to say there wasn't sectarianism, just that there wasn't THAT much)...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by toxic avenger View Post
    God Rest him. I saw him speak at UCC once, about 9 years ago, I thought the locals who came to listen would lynch him, they were massively hostile. His approach was massively flawed, he essentially equated attacks on unionists or informers with sectarianism, which is simply untrue (not to say there wasn't sectarianism, just that there wasn't THAT much)...
    those flaws were minor compared to the actual basis for many of his claims , namely anonymous sources he refused to furnish but insisted he'd interviewed . Despite the fact that all physical witnesses were long dead . That glaring abnormality which he was completely unable to explain in any satisfactory manner was the source of much anger . It left him without any credibility in my opinion and cast serious doubt over his entire motivation and therefore honesty .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by merle haggard View Post
    Alas in the Peter Hart school of history joining the choir invisible does not preclude one from being able to actively rebut an hisotrical account of anything. I dare say he'll be interviewing his sources as we speak .
    Well, he won't have to seance with them anymore.
    If you want a laugh.........
    http://ancruiskeenlawnmower.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gabha Óir View Post
    Well, he won't have to seance with them anymore.
    indeed not . The Derek Acorah of the historical profession seems to have left the building .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I wonder what caused his death at such a young age? 46

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The man was a charlatan and anybody with even a half baked clue about Irish history should be able to spot that a mile away. He done no service to Irish history except cause controversy without any evidence to back it up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Weird how poisonous the first few posts are here, considering he was just a scribbler.

Far more odious creeps have passed on, and we get the usual ''ar dheis De...'', ''my condolences...'', ''won't someone think of the family who might be reading this...'' platitudinous bullschittology.

Agree he had huge question marks over his mehodology and reputation. But plenty of fellow scribblers handled him on that score.

I just don't get the imbalance ?

Politics.ie Member b.a. baracus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Eoghan Harris will be in mourning today and any day that cretin spends miserable is a good one in my eyes.
    I ain't gettin' on no plane

Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast