Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 108 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: War with Iran, is it coming?

Politics.ie Member kerdasi amaq's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Angry War with Iran, is it coming?

War with Iran, is it coming?

If the UNITED STATES starts a war with Iran, in the next six months, what consequences would it have for Ireland?

What strategies should our "government" follow?
    What preparations should our "government", make if say the price of oil quadruples because the Iranians close the streight of Hormuz?

Does the "government" has the strategic sense to cope with any crisis that may arise?

Can we stay neutral or does our acceptance of the Lisbon Treaty mean that we could be obliged to take part?

/MOD/ This thread merged here: http://www.politics.ie/forum/foreign...-imminent.html /MOD/
    Last edited by Sync; 19th August 2012 at 03:40 AM.
    We have got as much as we are going to get out of Europe; it is, now, time to leave!
    EUROPA CONVENTUS DELENDA EST!...Whistle out the marching tune.....27

its just around the corner /cowen-esque
    If I ask a question don't just 'like' the post, reply to it. - If I post a lot about a subject I may write a post about it at http://dublinstreams.blogspot.ie/

If there is a war then of course the price of oil would skyrocket. Also prices in general would increase. I don't think we would be forced to take part. I also don't think it would be an invasion like Iraq, maybe airstrikes against nuclear facilities.

Of course this would be a disaster for the USA, because any urrent dissent in the country will switch sides and support the Iranian regime.
    ''The tattoo has a profound meaning: the superficiality of modern man’s existence.'' - Theodore Dalrymple

"Any fool can make something complicated. It takes a genius to make it simple." - Woody Guthrie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lostexpectation View Post
    its just around the corner /cowen-esque

Yeah, we have been near to going around that corner for years. Is there any need for another thread on this when so many already exist? The End was/is/currently/about to be/may be/will be/ definitly is nigh... apparently.

Politics.ie Member kerdasi amaq's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Where? I haven't seen them. This thread is meant to be about national strategies that the government should follow if those morons(in Washington D.C.) decide that war is the only way out of their financial and political difficulties.

Interest rates could go up too.
    We have got as much as we are going to get out of Europe; it is, now, time to leave!
    EUROPA CONVENTUS DELENDA EST!...Whistle out the marching tune.....27

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Build another runway at shannon. Tell me kerdasi what's your suggestion other than turning Ireland into a caliphate
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    Build another runway at shannon. Tell me kerdasi what's your suggestion other than turning Ireland into a caliphate

Wars and upheaval produce poulation movements and refugees haven't you realised. That is more likely to do the trick than isolationism ever would.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kerdasi amaq View Post
    War with Iran, is it coming?

If the UNITED STATES starts a war with Iran, in the next six months, what consequences would it have for Ireland?

What strategies should our "government" follow?
    What preparations should our "government", make if say the price of oil quadruples because the Iranians close the streight of Hormuz?

Does the "government" has the strategic sense to cope with any crisis that may arise?

Can we stay neutral or does our acceptance of the Lisbon Treaty mean that we could be obliged to take part?

There's no certainty that either Russia or China would stand back and allow attacks to happen. Least wes forgets: Russia does border the EU.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryson View Post
    Wars and upheaval produce poulation movements and refugees haven't you realised. That is more likely to do the trick than isolationism ever would.
    Right so we'll send in the army to invade ellis island.
    Britain operated death squads - ''97% of the Loyalists I interviewed were working directly for the State.'' - Nuala O'Loan. #FreeAhedTamimi

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    Right so we'll send in the army to invade ellis island.
    Invading a museum would be less of a folly alright. Who knows? it might even make for an Ealing Comedy revival.

Page 1 of 108 123451151101 ... LastLast