Follow @PoliticsIE

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Emily O'Reilly running for the Park?

Default Emily O'Reilly running for the Park?

Emily O'Reilly, Ombudsman and Ahern recruit, has been putting herself about a fair bit recently: building a constituency in my view. It's now clear she's running for something. Has she got the nod from FF top brass that it's open season on the health service? Will bashing the HSE be enough to send the Bertiebabe to the Park?

RTÉ News: HSE elderly care system 'chaotic' - O'Reilly
    Last edited by He3; 20th July 2010 at 11:20 PM.
    You should listen to my bias, not the other side’s bias.

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I recall she wrote a letter to the Phoenix a while back strenuously denying any such aspirations...
    "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better."

birthday

Quote Originally Posted by I'mVeryGladYouAskedMeThat View Post
    Emily O'Reilly, Ombudsman and one of Ahern's most apt pupils, has been putting herself about a fair bit recently: building a constituency in my view. It's now clear she's running for something. Has she got the nod from FF top brass that it's open season on the health service? Will bashing the HSE be enough to send the Bertiebabe to the Park?

RTÉ News: HSE elderly care system 'chaotic' - O'Reilly
    Whatever about her ambitions for the Park if her revelations about the disgrace that is the HSE brings about the sacking of the odious HSE management types a day sooner, well done to her!

HSE confuses elderly people about entitlements, claims Ombudsman | BreakingNews.ie

Quote Originally Posted by oceanclub View Post
    I recall she wrote a letter to the Phoenix a while back strenuously denying any such aspirations...
    At the moment, Fianna Fail couldn't elect Mr Whippy in a heatwave. But they may be able to get a GOVERNMENT candidate, with a strong record of consumer protection, accross the line.
    You should listen to my bias, not the other side’s bias.

birthday

Why on earth do you think O'Reilly would want to be associated with the corrupt brand that is FF?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Could we get another UNHCHR?
    Dan Sullivan. I was back but we still couldn't all have a vote. http://www.danielsullivan.ie/blog/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Last week I thought I some bird in a Tracksuit running through the Park that looked a bit like her...

Casing the Joint?

Politics.ie Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I believe the Ladies ctte in Royal Dublin Golf club turned down her application for membership a few years back - one ctte member said "she's too bloody opinionated".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by I'mVeryGladYouAskedMeThat View Post
    At the moment, Fianna Fail couldn't elect Mr Whippy in a heatwave. But they may be able to get a GOVERNMENT candidate, with a strong record of consumer protection, accross the line.
    Celia Larkin ??
    I believe that children are the future

Unless we stop them now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

O'Reilly has nothing to do with FF. She's just spent the last few months cornering Frank Fahey into the Oireachtas committee of Agriculture by launching a series of assaults on the whip structure in the Dáil. Furthermore, her new bete noir of the fallibility of the NHS in terms of its responsibilities and failures of accountability won't sit well with the current government.
    Blessed be the threadmakers.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast